Chapter eight

Still Marie POV

"You have a nice voice." he says sniffling and looking up at me.

"Come with me." Being a servant, follow. We reach his room where he tells me to sit in the chair by his bed.

"Sing to me." He commands from under the covers. I sing a few songs. I can tell he fell asleep, his shoulders rising and falling as he took each breath. He looked so cute, with the moonlight shining on his sleeping face. Before I left I blew out the candle and walked down back to bed.

When I woke up I had probably slept for only about 2 hours. I bathed, changed into my outfit, and headed downstairs to prepare for the day. Holly was on her way down the stairs when I caught up with her.

"Hey!" She says

"Hello." I smile as we reach the bottom of the stairs and enter the kitchen awaited by Claude, who was cooking as the other servants were working as well.

"You two can take care of the table setting."

I first take a plate and set it where Alois sits after Holly puts down the navy blue table cloth. I then place a vase of white roses in the middle of the table, and take a step back to see. A little too far to the left. I adjust it, smile, and head back to the kitchen to help once again.

___________________________

Alois POV

I arrive to the dining room, awaited by Claude and my new maids. Hanna stands by them as well.

"Would you like tea or coffee?" Holly asks.

"Tea please." I say and take a bite of the delicious crêpes that were served this morning.

She bows and goes to make the tea.

I start to talk to Marie.

"We're having a ball next week." I say.

"Thats nice." She says and looks around sherpishly.

"I'm inviting everyone! Including servants." Her eyes seem to brighten.