Chapter twenty six

Marie POV

I blankly stare at a spider hanging down my bedpost before remembering the dream and squishing it. Alois said he'd give me the day off today. don't know why he's being so nice to me. I'm just a maid.

I hear horse's hooves against cobblestone outside and I rush to the window. Phantomhive's carriage! I run quickly down the stairs and fling open the doors.

"Marie!" Holly shouts and runs into my embrace.

"I missed you!" I say and gesture them inside. Claude stands by Alois.

"Hello, Ciel. What brings you here?" He smirks.

"A peace agreement." Ciel states.

"You think I'll just make peace? We're going to have to make some kind of deal here." He smiles. There's something brewing in his mind. I can tell.

"Like what?"

"A fight." Someone says from behind in a flat in humane voice. It's Drocell.

"How did you get in here?!" Ciel asks, Sebastian stepping closer to keep him out of harm's way.

"A battle between human and beast. Once one dies, I'll build them up with wood and stone, wood and stone, wood and stone..." He pauses.

"Then when one opponent is defeated, the undefeated team gets peace from the other." Alois looks at me.

"What do you mean 'human and beast?"

"Holly and Marie. You know what Marie is, of course."

Big fight scene coming up it'll take me a while to think of how it will end and write it. What do you think so far? good? bad?