Chapter six

Claude POV

I led the young ladies around the manor. They were in awe of their surroundings; They weren't from around here, I could tell.

"Are you ready to go back downstairs?" I turn to face them. One is just plain staring at me. Marie, I think it is.

"Miss?" I ask. She jumps out of her trance and blushes again.

"Sorry." She says quickly and quietly.

"It's fine." I say.

"Yeah we can go downstairs now." Holly says.

Holly POV

He leads us downstairs, and we sit down on two velvet armchairs facing towards the one Alois was sitting in.

"If I do hire you, I need to know a few things. Where are you from?'

"We're both from Liverpool." Marie says. Alois nods.

"That's not very close. Did you move here?" I think hard for some kind of story to make up.

"We came here for school as primary students." He nods.

"Do you have any experience as a servant?"

"Yes." I say.

"Where did you work?" He asks leaning back on his chair.

"We both worked as hospices for a rich woman named Georges over on the north side of town. We were to take care of her as she was old and passed away expectedly." Marie says. I didn't know she was so good at making up stories.

"You're hired. Claude, show them their rooms."

__________________________

Mira POV

Claude shows us to our rooms. They're right next to eachother, and both have a large bed, a few shelves, a small table, and a big window.

I can't believe that this worked. I'm so happy! This is a dream come true.