Part 2

Once everyone had taken their seats, the lights went out. The curtain in front of them slowly opened to reveal a large projector screen. Then a voice came over the intercom and started a narration as a movie played on the screen.

"This tank was specifically designed to house whales, but last month, we are happy to say, our family of humpbacks were safely released back into the wild. Although we were happy for their release, we became concerned as to how we would use their former home. After much debate and research, we finally decided to create a large aquatic habitat that could accommodate many different creatures. We had slowly started to integrate the creature that would be living in the new habitat, when a fight broke out between a couple of sharks. The fight drew many spectators and soon we found it difficult to control the crowd. As you can imagine, the unthinkable did happen. A child who was close to the edge, was accidentally pushed into the tank. The crowd became more nervous as rescue workers moved quickly to try and pull the child out before the sharks had an opportunity to attack. Unfortunately, they were not fast enough, as the sharks turned and slowly approached the child. The crowd and rescue workers could only watch as the scene played out."

"Suddenly, a young woman ran past the employees and rescue workers and jumped into the tank. Everyone watching just though that she was foolishly brave for trying to rescue the child, until the sharks stopped their advance. The young woman then helped the child back to the rescue workers, who lifted them both out of the water. A medical team quickly responded to check them for injuries. That is when we were all in for a surprise."

The movie ended and the projector screen was raised to reveal the large aquatic habitat. In the center of the tank was a small metal house.

"We were all surprised to find out how special the young woman was." As the voice continued the narration, the door to the small house began to release bubbles. "The young woman agreed to come and work with our aquarium and to participate in a weekly show that would allow us to display her unique gift here." The door to the house opened and a young woman in a bathing suit emerged and swam toward the audience.

"Not much is known about our mermaid as we felt it would not be wise to pry into her personal life. She has told us that she can swim and breathe in both fresh and salt waters, which is unusual for any aquatic creature. Her gills may be difficult to see, but they are located near her collar bone. She also has webbing between her fingers and toes to help her swim." The young woman arrived in front of the audience and began smiling and waving to the crowd. "One other interesting fact is that she has never met an aquatic creature that she was unable to befriend. This is evident by the fact that she can share the habitat with sharks that we had found to be very aggressive towards our staff." The girl continued to swim back and forth showing off her webbed appendages. "Feel free to come down to the viewing platform and have a closer look. Remember, no video taping is allowed. Only still photos." The crowd stood and began to approach the viewing platform. "Our staff will notify you when the viewing platform will be closing."

The members of infinite and Youngmin made their way to the platform and waited for the mermaid to swim over to them. After waiting for quite some time, they finally came face to face with the young woman. "Hoya!" Dongwoo urgently whispered as he grabbed his arm.

"No wonder she was so upset at us" Hoya responded. "I have to admit, she does put on a good show. I wonder where the oxygen tank is?"

About an hour later, after they were allowed to come up on the platform, a voice came over the intercom and announced the closing of the platform. The members of Infinite and Dongwoo's nephew walked back to their seats and waited for their opportunity to meet the mermaid.

"Samchon, where is she going?" Youngmin asked as the mermaid swam off.

"Don't worry, I'm sure she will be coming to meet us soon" Dongwoo reassured him.