Happy Birthday

Alright, I have to call some people and see if everything is going smoothly. I slowly get out of bed, I glance down to make sure I didn't wake Zeref up. I want him to sleep in today. I grab my phone an tip-toe out for the room. I scroll down to Lucy's name and hit call. As it rings, I keep checking to see if Zeref has gotten up yet. "Hello?"

"Hey Lucy, it's me. How's everything going?"

"Great, we're setting the table up and the cake is getting delivered soon."

"Perfect. Ah I can't thank you guys enough for this."

Lucy and Natus have been helping me plan this party for Zeref, they found the place where it will be held, and even found the perfect cake shop. All I've done is order the cake and keep Zeref in the dark about this. "It's not problem at all, you just make sure to get him down here in time." 

"I will, don't worry." I say my good byes to her and toss my phone on the couch. Alright the party starts at 8 so, I need to start getting ready now. Before I'm able to turn around, I feel arms snake about my waist. Oh crap he's up. "Zeref?" He groans into my neck and rest his forehead on my shoulder. Well he's not up fully yet.

"Come back to bed..."

"I can't, I have to go out and see Lucy."

He groans again, then lets me go. I spin around to see his hair all messed up and has no shirt on. "Zeref, if you're tired, go back to sleep." I kiss the base of his neck and hear him sigh from it. "I can't, I got some stuff todo." 

"Well, make sure your done by 8 tonight. I'm taking you out for your birthday."

"Oh yeah." He says flatly. 

"I know your so excised. Remember, 8 tonight, be dressed."

He nods as he runs his fingers through his hair, I head over to the closets and change into so comfy clothes. I tell Zeref goodbye then walk over to the building where the party is being held. Walking inside, I see Lucy sitting at a near by table, going over something. "Mavis you're here." I look all around, seeing streamers hung from the ceiling, fancy table set up with food. "Lucy this is amazing."

"Thank you, I just took your notes and brought it to life."

I see everyone working so hard for this party. Everything looks great. As I'm looking around I notice that the cake isn't here yet. "Lucy, where's the cake?" She looks up from her paper and looks over to the empty table by the food. "Uh-I sent Natsu to get it." Oh my gosh why?! I get this image in my head that he'll eat the whole cake, then panic when he has nothing to replace it with.

"Do you need any help?"

"Mhm, we need to set up some more stuff."

"Alright, let's get to it then."

Time Skip

After finishing the last of the many tiny details, I run home to shower and get ready for the party. I swing open the door, take my shoes off and start removing my clothes. "Zeref, I'm gonna shower. Start getting ready." I turn the water on, then proceed to wash my hair and body. Getting out and wrapping the towel around me. Walking back to our room, I notice how quiet the house is. "Zeref?"

I notice that his shoes are gone along with his keys. I start to feel a bit panicked, where did he go? Why did he leave? I grab my phone, but stop when I see something note on the table. Reading it, my heart picks up from the words I see. I toss the towel off and change into my outfit for the party. "Why did he have to go into hiding today of all days." I start calling his phone, but I don't get an answer. I keep thinking of all the places he would go when he was feeling upset of needed a break from something. 

"Oh, I know where he is." I call Lucy and tell her that Zeref and I are going to be a little late. I leave our place and head up the stairs to the roof. Opening the door, I see him resting his shoulders on the rim of the roof. He's all dressed up, slacks and nice shoes, along with his white dress shirt. I walk over to him and look out over the city. The sun was just setting and the cold air was nipping at my legs and face. 

"I tried calling you. You didn't pick up."

"Sorry, my phone is in my coat pocket."

He doesn't look at me when he answers me, I study his face. It looks like he's thinking about something. I hope he's okay. "Zeref, is something wrong?" He hangs his head a bit, then glances over in my direction. "I'm just not in the mood for a party." I go wide eyed when I hear the word 'party' Damnit, how did he know?

"Party? what are you talking about."

"Come on mavis, you're so easy to read."

I look away from him and pout to myself. Great, I ruined it and I didn't even open my mouth. I hear him laugh quietly, he pulls me towards him and hugs me. "I'm really happy you set it up for me." I'm happy he like the thought of the party, but I'm sad that he doesn't want to go.

"Zeref, everyone is waiting for us."

"Can't we just stay home and order some food?"

"No, a lot of people took their time to make a great party for you. You need to go."

He sighs loudly, I don't understand why he doesn't want to go? "You're right, but I'm scared." I raise an eyebrow at his comment. "Scared of what?" He gets a little tint of pink in the face. "It's just-." He let's me go and slumps down to the ground. I crouch down next to him and take his hand into mine.

"It's just what? You can tell me."

"I'm scared I won't have fun. I'm also scared that I'll make everyone sad because I'm just fake being happy. You all put so much work into this party and I don't want to ruin it."

The look on his face breaks my heart. I take his face into my hands and smile sweetly at him. "Zeref, everyone there did this for you, they did it because they love you. They know you're not used this stuff and honestly they just want to see you. I'll tell you what, how about we go there, hang out for awhile then you and I can come home order some food and stay up and watch some movies."

"You'd do that for me?"

"Of course. It's your birthday, it's your day."

He smiles into my hands and starts to stands up."Alright, let's go." He helps me to my feet then goes over and grabs his coat. He holds his arm out for me to grab and we start leaving towards the party. "Oh Mavis can we also do something else tonight." 

"Sure, what is it?"

He leans in close to my ear and starts saying what he wants todo. My whole face heats up from his words and when he's done I'm can barley speak. "Y-You sure?" He puts this evil smirk on his face. "Well today is my day right?" I smile brightly at him. I take his tie into my hands and pull him down to my level. "Of course it is silly. Anything you want, you can have."

Now his face is just as red as my own. Laughing at how shocked he is, I kiss his lips sweetly.

"Happy Birthday Zeref."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A present for someone special ^_^. Anyway, hoped you liked it :)