Chapter Eight

Kora went upstairs and went to bed, Alecai went downstairs with the whip and started whipping Charlotte. "What happened to us?" Alecai ignored her, and started beating her. Charlotte now getting beat was getting bruises on her face, legs, arms,  and stomach. There were open cuts all over her body, Alecai let her off and let her go upstairs, but she could barely walk, he sighed and picked up carrying her upstairs to the bedroom. He got her dressed into her clothes and let her rest.

Alecai was getting abusive again, but this time it was worse. Alecai stayed awake the entire night watching Charlotte. The next morning she woke up and when she tried to get up she collapsed, and she really needed a bath. Alecai picked her up and brought her to the bathroom, and began running the water making sure it was warm but not hot, and not cold. Alecai undressed Charlotte, and put into the bathtub gently. He started to wash her and clean out her cuts, after he washed her up, and dressed her, he went to go get the iced bandages form the freezer.

Alecai came back and unwrapped the bandages. He carefully, began wrapping each bandage around the areas where she had bruises. He picked her up and brought her downstairs, put her on the couch and gave her the remote. She put on her favorite television show, and laid there not moving a muscle because it hurt so much. Kora then woke up and went downstairs, "Mommy! Mommy?" Alecai grabbed Kora, to keep her away from Charlotte, "Mommy!!! No! I want mommy!" Alecai tried to explain to Kora, "Kora... mommy is sick. You can't bother her right now."

Kora felt so hurt, "Fine... Can I help you with breakfast?" Alecai nodded, "Of course, I wouldn't mind." They walked into kitchen and made bacon, and pancakes. Alecai brought a plate to Charlotte, but was afraid to eat, "It's okay, eat it." She picked up the fork, her hands shaking but began eating. Charlotte was still quite afraid of Alecai, after everything he's done to her, she feels terrified to even say anything. Kora watched her mother struggle, seeing how hurt she was and the way she looked damaged. "Daddy, why does mommy have so many bruises and scars?" Alecai sighed, "Someone beat her sweetheart." Kora was shocked, but Charlotte was strong enough to send a message to Kora, 'Don't believe him, he did this to me baby. I don't think I can make it much farther.' Kora knew it was her mother, and now she became quiet and silent.

Charlotte was right, she couldn't make it. After not finishing eating, the fork slipped from her hands and she fell of the couch landing on the floor. "Kora, go call an ambulance, NOW!" Kora left the room and went to the house phone, and called 911, she gave them everything they needed to know to come get Charlotte. The ambulance was there in 10 minutes, they picked her up and brought her out to the truck. They left the home of the Silverlight's and rushed her to the hospital. Alecai and Kora got in the car to go with the ambulance, and made it in time but they needed to wait in the waiting room.

The hospital, performed surgery for Charlotte. They were able to save her, but she a problem, "Charlotte Whitemoon, you will no longer be able to walk, we are sorry but you had vital damage to your legs." They left the room, and went to go get Alecai and Kora, and then they rushed to Charlotte, "Charlotte?" "Mommy?" Charlotte looked at the two of them, disappointed, "Doctor said I will no longer be able walk, there was vital damage to my legs." Alecai thought to himself, 'This is all my fault.' He felt terrible for this mistake that he made, now there was no fixing it.

"Is there anyway to fix it?" Charlotte looked away, "Only with physical therapy. I'm not going to do that." She had sadness in her voice, Kora went over to her, climbed on the bed, and cuddled next to her mother. Kora knew her mother felt horrible, and she knew she had healing powers,(Kora also has healing powers) and was willing to use it to heal her mother's legs. Kora decided to wait until Charlotte was asleep. A few hours after, Charlotte was sleeping. Kora decided the time was right, she sand quietly, "Flow and power through. Heal her back to what she was before. She needs to be perfect, so I ask you to heal her, heal her back to the way she was." The magic had done it.

The doctor's came in to check on Charlotte. The doctor had realized that Charlotte's legs were back to normal, he whispered in her ear, "You're legs are healed from something, but you might want to pretend they're not to make him feel guilty." Charlotte nodded and smiled, "Thank you." Alecai never left the room until Charlotte was able to go home again. A few days later, the doctor said Charlotte could go home. He signed her out, got her dressed into some clothes, picked her up and carried her to the car. Kora looked over at her mother and mouthed, 'You're welcome, mommy.'

She felt grateful that her daughter would do this for her. The only thing she had on her mind right now, which was to get back at Alecai for abusing her. Soon, they arrived home and Alecai helped Charlotte out of the car and carried her inside. He gently put her on the couch, but she wanted a bath. "Alecai... I want a bath.. Take me upstairs please." Alecai picked her up and brought her upstairs to the bathroom, and placed her on the floor. He turned on the bath water, and made sure it was warm, and not too hot or not too cold. He got her undressed carefully and gently so he didn't hurt her, and put her into the bathtub.

After putting Charlotte into the bathtub he grabbed some scented candles, lighted them, shut the light and left the bathroom. Charlotte grabbed the soap and pumped some of it into the bathtub, making bubbles. She felt relaxed and was in the tub for an hour, until she called for Alecai. "Alecai, I'm ready to get out of the bath now!!!" He grabbed her a towel and went into the bathroom, turning on the light and walked over to her. He took her out of the bathtub, and wrapped the towel around her, and carried her to the bedroom. He grabbed some comfortable pajamas and got Charlotte dressed.

"I want to the TV now." "She said with a cute voice, and knew that Alecai couldn't resist her cute voice. Alecai carried her down to the living room and handed her the remote so she could put on the TV. "My love, do you want anything to eat?" "Sure, but I don't care what you make." Then she whispered to her, "So then I can throw it at you..." Charlotte rolled her eyes and went back to the television. Alecai decided to make jello because it was super simple for him, and Charlotte likes Jello. After an hour Kora, came downstairs; "Mommy, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight." She hugged and kissed Charlotte's forehead. "Night daddy." Kora ran upstairs and hopped into bed, falling asleep instantly.

A few hours went by, and the jello was done. He grabbed a spoon for Charlotte and brought the bowl out to her. She was very pissed off, "Ugh! JELLO? YOU KNOW I'M ALLERGIC TO JELLO?!" Charlotte used her hands to get the Jello out of the bowl. She furiously, -and purposely- threw it at Alecai, getting Jello all in his hair and all over him, "That'll teach you to make me jello ever again. Alecai left to go upstairs and take a shower, Charlotte laughed and watched the television. 

"ALECAI!!!" Charlotte screamed, wanting to sleep. Alecai jumped out of the shower got dressed quickly and went downstairs. "Yes, my love?" Charlotte smiled, "Take me upstairs please? I'm tired." Alecai picked her up and brought her upstairs, once upstairs, he put her down on the bed and Charlotte went to sleep right away. Alecai finished getting dressed and sat by the door, he never slept. When some weeks passed, Charlotte was up and walking again, the only bad thing was, she was on medications for her legs and she hated it, but she needs them.

Kora smiled, and was always with her mother, her father and herself became very distant, ever since the accident. (Switching to Kora's P.O.V next chapter.)