Chapter Thirteen

He picked her up, and carried her to the bedroom, so she could sleep.  

Charlotte fell asleep in Jack's arms as he carried her. He smiled, but then remembered the deal they had made. Charlotte was the only one who could make him feel loved, because Jack had no one, not even family.

~Story time~

"Dad? Mom? Where are you?" He called out. "Please come back, I'm scared all by myself." He was all alone, by himself now. "Hannah? Lori? Cara? Ryan?" He called for his siblings. "Where are you? This isn't funny, anymore!" He cried, afraid and scared. He ran off, and never went back. He came to a realization, that his family abandoned him. He was lost, and had no where to go, he was just a kid at the time. As he grew older, it's when he met her. The two became best friends, and they always were together. Even though she had a boyfriend, they stayed together. Things got complicated, and then he got rid of her boyfriend, when she told him what happened. The two best friends got married, and they stayed happy, with some complications along the way. "I love you," is what he said to her, and she felt happy.

Jack had made the rest of supper for Charlotte. When Kora came downstairs, she saw Jack. "Daddy? What are you doing?" Jack responded, "Making dinner sweetheart, your mother was exhausted, so I put her to bed." Kora thought he meant killed, but he explained that he just put her in the bedroom so she could sleep.

Dinner was finished and the two of them ate. Charlotte wanted to get up, but she was too weak to get up, so she stayed in the room to sleep. It got late and, Kora was sent for bed. She changed into her pajamas, and then went to sleep. Jack stayed up, just to make sure Charlotte was completely asleep. He went up to the bedroom, and stared at the one he loved.  Jack thought about her, and she said, 'I don't care about getting hurt.' and that's what made him feel better.

He crawled into bed, and laid next to her. Charlotte rolled over to face him, and put an arm over his body. He smiled, and put an arm around her. "God, I love you" he whispered to himself. Soon, he fell asleep, and felt happy.

The next morning, Charlotte was up early, and so was Kora. Charlotte trains Kora on the weekends, for her fighting skills, and hunting skills. They trained for three hours, on the weekends, and then when she had school, they didn't train at all. Kora was failing with her righting sills. "Kora, you need more force. You wanna be stronger?" Kora nodded, "Then get it together!" Charlotte was Kora's motivator, Kora put more strength into it, and then her fighting skills were complete. "Now, that's what I'm talking about." She smiled. "Now, let's move on to hunting skills."

"Do you remember what we kill, ONLY?" Kora relied, "Animals, ABSOLUTELY NO, humans." Charlotte was proud of her daughter. She crept low to the floor, "There's your target. Remember what you've learned so far." Kora did as he mother said, but the animal got away. "Seriously,Kora? It was right there!" Kora sighed, and tried again... She failed, but she didn't stop trying until she did it. "Great work hunny, I'm proud of you." Now her skills were complete, she was a trained wolf, and is ready to go out hunting and fighting with the family                               --when they go on missions of course-- and she was proud of it.

Kora kept training on her own, but a vampire came by. "MOTHER!!!!" Kora yelled. Charlotte heard her daughter an ran faster than ever, and jumped in front of Kora. "What do you...." "Ryan?" (THIS IS AWKWARD!) "Charlotte!!!" He was so excited to see her, it was so long. He transferred into his wolf form (Ryan is a shape shifter). They walked with each other laughing remembering the old time, as Kora followed along. They walked back to the house, Jack was outside. "Charlotte??" He questioned.

"Oh.... Uh... Jack, this is..." Ryan's head started hurting when she said his name. He turned back to himself. Jack didn't notice who this guy was until....