Chapter Twelve

What happened before: Charlotte giggled, "Yes it is." Jack loved bacon.

Charlotte's family was coming along, just like she hoped it would. Jack and Kora were always together. Soon, a knock came to the door, "I'll get it." Charlotte said. Charlotte walked to the door, and opened it, Alecai was there. She stepped outside, "What are you doing here?" Alecai sighed, and scratched his head.

"Look, I know I fucked up, but I need you back. Please?" Charlotte was quite pissed off, "HOW ABOUT YOU GO BACK TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!!" She shouted before going back inside. Alecai grabbed her by the arm, "You better accept my apology." Charlotte screamed, "JACK! JACK!!!! HELP ME JACK!!!" Jack rushed outside, and saved Charlotte.

"Charlotte, take Kora inside. Don't come out of the house until I come back inside." Charlotte rushed inside and took Kora with her." "Bad mistake, Mr.Niceguy.." Jack attacked, and the both of them started fighting. Jack winning, was about to kill him, but before he could, Alecai swiped at him leaving a deep scratch in Jack's face. That's when Jack blew up and killed him, going to hide his body.

Jack came back inside, "Charlotte.." Charlotte heard Jack's voice, "Jack!? What has he done to you..." She had tears in her eyes. "Kora, bring me down my stitches kit, please." Kora had gotten the stitches kit, and brought it back down to her mother. Se handed it to Kora, and started stitching the cuts so they weren't open. "I'm sorry Jack... It's my fault." Jack put his hand under her chin, "Don't be, baby. This was his fault. He brought is upon himself." Charlotte knew he'd say something like that. He was always so assuring, she didn't know what to do without him.

Once she was done stitching his face, she helped him up. "You feel better?" Jack nodded, "Much better." He smiled and kissed her forehead. It was quite funny because he always knew the right things to say. Sometimes it drove her crazy, because she never thinks like him. Charlotte wished she knew how to be like him, but she went on to be herself.

Kora had come to her mother, "Mom, will I ever see dad again?" Charlotte sighed and placed a hand on her daughter cheek, "No, darling. You won't." Kora was lucky that her mother wasn't like her father, but she missed him very much, but she didn't know why she missed him so much. In her head she's thinking to herself, 'Why do I miss him so much!? HE HURT US!' Flashbacks started flashing in her head, "Oww.... OWWW! Mother help!" Charlotte rushed upstairs, and saw her daughter.

She grabbed some aspirin from the bathroom closet, and brought a tablet with a cup of water for Kora to take it. "Here, this will make it go away." Kora put the tablet in her mouth and drank the water to swallow it. After about an hour, the pain the had stopped, and she was asleep. Charlotte went into her bedroom, and laid next to Jack. "She had flashbacks coming back to her. She said it hurt." Jack was confused, "How could flashbacks hurt?" Charlotte didn't answer, she saw this before, and it wasn't safe.

As long as Charlotte kept giving Kora the aspirin she should be fine. Jack put an arm over Charlotte and pulled her closer. She held his hand as she slept, and his body was so warm that she didn't need a blanket. Jack smiled, "I love you, baby." She cuddled with him while she was sleeping, and now for once Charlotte can sleep in peace. It had been so long since Charlotte had slept. Usually Charlotte stays up all night, and is super tired, but it's because she was scared of Alecai coming back.

For awhile now, Charlotte felt pretty sure that Jack will never treat her the way Alecai did. It's a good thing that Jack has no clue where that stuff is, or he might turn into Alecai. But in the middle of the night, she heard a howl, she couldn't help it... It happens naturally, so she turned into her wolf form, ran outside and howled. Jack noticed Charlotte was gone, he rushed out of bed and saw her outside. He grabbed her by the scruff and dragged her inside, "I thought we talked about this.."