Chapter Three : Choces

When Emma got home her mom was not happy.  She yelled at her for hours. She fell asleep crying. She just wanted to be a help to the city witch up to that point she really had not done. Aside from working at a store that sold fish, nothing she did really benefit the city. She never knew much about her farther he just talked about work and fought with her mother.

Her mother never did anything ether so she never really stressed it to Emma that she had to. Unlike most people parents Emma's mom was chill. However the higher you or your parents worked in the city the stricter you apparently became. This was different though.

When Emma walked into tryout results she saw many high capital people and many who lived on the edge on the walls. The richer kids sat up front as the people who lived more toured the walls sat near the back. She sat in a row closer to the back. Obviously the richer people should sit tours the front.

Lights started to cast on stage. Three men stood on stage. One was obviously the strongest of them all. One was skinnier but you could tell he was smart. The last one was the one that stared at her at the actual tryouts. As they waved the made eye contact. He stared at her for a moment. She didn't know why. But his eyes looked familiar but she didn't know from ware.

"WELCOME, to the 3 annual tryouts results!" The man who watched Emma spoke. Then she knew. All of the memories came rushing beck to her. Her dad was standing up on stage for the tryout results.

"We don't need to waste anytime, now lets begin, the expedition team in divided into 3 groups. The protectors, lead by Mr. Carlos," A loud clap came after his name. That's the team everyone wanted to be on. "The Retrievers, lead by Mr. Gillan," A small clap came after that one. "And finally, the Healers. Lead by me." A medium clap came after her dad.

Emma never claped she didn't care that much. Whether she made it in or not was not her dissicion. It was those three. And you could of be killed, and people wanted to get picked for this. It was insane.

"We will call up two at a time, and when your name is called you will come stand on stage next to your coach," They jumped right into the names.

The first person was a boy named nick, who walked up stage. He was the kid who helped her pass the Dart through. Good choice. A few more were called then the boy. That had the hood stepped on to stage. Up to that point Emma was not watching, then she saw him. He was not wearing. The hood over his face, but she could tell it was him. His name was Aaron.

Then finally they moved to the girls. The first girl that was called was Eloise she was obviously small. Lucky she got picked for a healer.

"Ok so next is, Emma Lee!"

Emma froze. There is no way she got picked. There can't be.

She stood up slowly and walked up with no emotion. She got to the stage but something different happened.

"Emma we have two options for you, you can be a Healer or a Retriever! Your choice" her dads voice boomed over the crowd.

Her dad ran the Healers, however she did not want to be with her dad at all. After all the things he had done to her mother she wanted nothing to do with him. Then she looked over at the Retrievers. Lead by one of the best scientists and no ware ne'er her dad. But what caught her attention most was that Aaron was in the group. She would have never thought that.

There was something about him. She could not put her finger on it. Something was up, something was different.

"I'll take Retriever," she said softly.

She was gestured toured the group. She looked over at Aaron. He smiled. She smiled back. They had only spoken a few words yet they both each other from somewhere. But where?