Chapter 12: Her pain

"She needs to know! He is dead now there is nothing we can do that would mess this up!"'nick screamed at Emma's dad, "She is in enough pain, she deserves to know what happened,"

Emma sat behind a wall. Nick and her father were on the other side.

"No! It will make her fell worse," her father said softly.

"yes but it's the truth," he said softly.

"You want the money right," Her father said.

Money? What money?

" Yes....," nick said softly.

She did not want to listen anymore. But she had this side of her that told her to. She didn't listen though. She went back inside.

She woke up in the middle of the night again, wishing Aaron was there to talk. To night though she felt extra sad. Her memory's of her and Aaron playing as kids kept coming back. It was devastating.

She got up. Ran outside.

She sat down outside behind a wall. Crying.

"Hey what's wrong," Nick asked. Starting her.

"You know what's wrong," she said not looking up at him.

"You want to talk about it? I mea-"

"HOW COULD YOU?!" She cut him off. Standing up to face him now.

He looked confused and scared.

"HOW COULD YOU GO BEHIND MY BACK LIKE THAT! I trusted you nick!," He looked even more confused,

"I know nick. It's not a secret anymore, I'm the girl," she said with a yell.

"Who told you?" He asked.

"I did,"

"When....." he said softly.

"When he touched my cheek, he had done it once before the summer before middle school,"

Emma took a long pause.

"It was the last time I saw him before the tryouts, and by that time I had made new friends, I lived further away,I-" she started to cry."I loved him,"

They both stared at each other. A long pause.

"I'm so sorry, I had to," nick finally spoke.

"Oh yes, YOU HAD TO GO BEHIND MY BACK,YO-"

"ITS FOR MY FAMILY OK!" He started to yell to.

Emma looked up.

"I never told you but I live close to wall, almost touching. We are very poor, especially with such a big family. Your dad asked me after we left to watch you and Aaron. He offered a large amount of money. So for my family I did it,"

It made scene now but Emma was still hurt. There was a long pause again.

"I'm going to go inside, you come in when your ready," nick said as he slowly walked inside.

Emma took a few minutes to calm down, she then went inside.

She saw a glimpse of Lilly sitting up shaking. She had this scared look on her face and Emma could swear she was almost crying.

She came and keeled down next to her.

"What's wrong Lilly?" I whisper.

"I swear I saw someone, run past that broken wall," she pointed over to a wall that was on the ground.

Emma gets up and slowly walks over to the wall. She turns the corner and finds a girl.

The girl wore a black hoodie, and black skinny jeans. She had black long hair and blue eyes.

She reminded Emma a lot of.....Aaron.

She looked around Emma's age. She stood there breathing heavily.

They made eye contact, she slowly started to back away. Emma started to take slow steps forward. She giggled a little.

"...What was that for?" Emma asked softly.

"Your very protective," she said sounding smart, "however you were not protective over him, you cared for each other,"

Is she talking about....

"Who do you mean?"  Emma asked scared.

The girl gave Emma a smile,"you know who I mean," she said before running away.

Emma stood there, scared.

Lilly was now there behind her.

"W-was that a rouge?" Lilly asked scared.

Emma just stood there afraid.

"Emma?"