5 | explanation

Amara had asked Edward to come over later to give him the explanation that he deserved

Amara had asked Edward to come over later to give him the explanation that he deserved. She needed him to know just as he needed her to know. She had opened the window for him to enter. Her parents were at a business dinner and had taken Max along with them. Alec had gone out with friends but knew that his sister was going to tell Edward the truth. He knew how hard it was for her but encouraged her as he believed she deserved to be happy.

"Took you long enough," she grinned at the vampire when she opened the door for him. She had been sat on her bed with her favorite book 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' while she was waiting.

He chuckled, "My apologies, my lady." She walked towards her bedroom with Edward following close behind. She was rather anxious to tell him her secret but knew she had to as he had a secret of his own, even though she already knew what it was.

She sat on her bed as Edward sat in the edge, "I guess I owe you an explanation. Let me finish before you start asking question, okay?" Edward nodded in confusion. Amara took a deep breathe, "I guess I should start from the beginning. I'm a shadowhunter and part witch. Being a shadowhunter means I'm part Angel. We protect mundanes, or humans as you would refer to them. We are immortal but when we have children, we start ageing again until they reach full maturity at age 18. It's also the age where we stop getting powers."

She stopped to see how he was handling the information. She could feel that he was conflicted and didn't know how to process the information she had just given him. It had been a lot of information but all she wanted was for him to accept her and she was scared that he wouldn't.

He frowned in confusion, "What do you mean, powers?"

"As a shadowhunter I can handle most weapons and I'm a fighter. As a witch I have different powers such as premonitions, elements, empath, telekinesis, shield, auras, and transfiguration. We get out powers before we turn 18, giving us the opportunity to learn how to control them. I should also tell you that I know you're a vampire."

His eyes widened in shock, "How? Why aren't you afraid?"

Amara chuckled slightly, "Trust me when I say I've meet monsters and you are not on of them. As a shadowhunter, we are able to distinguish the difference between different supernatural creatures. I'm not scared of you and I never will be. I know how to take care of myself and I'm not as fragile as you think. I have killed before."

Edward scowled slightly, "How can you say that? I have killed before. I have no soul, I'm a monster. I don't understand how you can be fine with me being a vampire. How long have you know that I was a vampire?" He didn't want to scare her away but how could she want to be with a monster? He had killed before, innocent or not, he still killed humans. How could she be okay with that? She was so beautiful and innocent, the last thing he wanted was to taint her in anyway.

"Edward, stop. You are not a monster. I believe you have a soul, otherwise you would have killed Bella. I know that she's your blood singer. I have known since the day I meet you. What kind of shadowhunter would I be if I didn't? I care about you. I know I'm you're mate, just like you're my soulmate. Like vampires, we only have one mate," Amara exclaimed. She hated that he thought he didn't have a soul and didn't deserve to be happy. We all do things we aren't proud of, doesn't mean it should be help against them forever.

Edward stared at her in amazement, "I guess there's a lot I don't know about you. If you knew, why didn't you say anything?" He couldn't believe that she had accepted him for what he was. He had always believed that he didn't deserve anyone, especially someone as beautiful and courageous as Amara. She was everything he could ask for.

Amara sighed, "I guess, I didn't really understand it. I don't understand why I was so drawn to you at first. I didn't want to put my family in danger before understanding what you meant to me and why I was having these feelings before I could accept you."

Edward frowned slightly, "Have you accepted me then."

Amara grinned, "I'm pretty sure I did the moment I saw you. You're my soulmate, Edward. I'm not going anywhere as long as you'll have me." She feared that he would reject her after everything she had just told him. She didn't want to lose him.

As if sensing her fear, he pressed his lips to hers. His cold lips melted against her soft ones. Their lips moved in sync slowly, trying to map of it the feeling of their lips against each other. Edward softly grabbed the back of her neck, deepening the kiss. Amara wrapped her arms around his neck and moved to straddle him. Their lips continued to move passionately before Amara pulled away slowly.

"Wow," she said softly, still a little out of breath.

Edward grinned, "You can say that again."

"I definitely don't mind doing that again."

"Anything for you, love."