1

Jason Dean 

Darkness. That's the last thing I remember. Was I dead? Most likely. Did I deserve to die? Absolutely. I didn't have Veronica in my life anymore so there was really no point in living. I worshiped that girl, I loved her with all my heart, I even planned my future with her. Marriage, kids everything and I blew it. Literally. I remember building that bomb. I remember how heartbroken I was to hear Veronica no longer wanted to be a part of my life. I remember all I wanted to do was impress her, try to get her back. Even just have her look at me with some other emotion than hatred and disappointment. Man, love is some crazy shit. Man, I am a crazy piece of shit.

All I could see was darkness but then I could start to hear things.People talking loudly, the sound of a monotone beeping and even crying. I'll be honest, it's not what I expected from hell. Well, I assume it's hell because after tricking my girlfriend into helping me kill three of our class mates and then building a bomb, telling her she had no choice but to die or be with me, there was no way I was getting into heaven anytime soon. "Mr Dean, can you open your eyes? Can you give us any sign you can hear us? " A deep male voice spoke. It was hard but I tried with everything I had and opened my eyes. I looked around at where I was. A tiny white room with roughly around twenty machines hooked up to me. I wasn't in hell. I was in the hospital. Same but different. "How did I get here? "I croaked, my throat was a lot drier than expected. I looked around the tiny room once more. It was just me and the doctor. I knew Veronica wouldn't visit me, hell she probably wished that I was dead, my dad probably didn't even know I was here and I didn't have any other friends at school besides Martha Dunnstock and that girl has enough problems of her own. " Your girlfriend. Miss Sawyer said that you had tried to kill yourself and she drove you here." He informed me. Wait. Miss Sawyer? As in Veronica? No she would never drive me here and try to get me to safety. He must be confused. "Now Sir since you tried to kill yourself." the doctor started but was soon interpreted by the sound of the door opening. Veronica? No don't be stupid, it would never be Veronica. "Sorry to interrupt doc but I need to talk to my boy." Great the beavers here. Great now I'm quoting Veronica and I'm sad now cause she hates me. I went from feeling absolutely nothing to feeling everything.

I'm still very confused about this whole driving me to the hospital. "Mr Dean it's great you're here we were just about to discuss treatment." The doctor explained to him but my ever so loving father really wasn't listening to him. Why would he? He's a professional with a wide range of knowledge and contributes positively to society and my father, well, is my father. "Jason pack your bags we're moving." He smiled at me. He's only happy cause he gets to mess up my life and blow stuff up. I'm not even sure if he knows that he's in the hospital. "What why?" I asked him, forgetting that my throat was dry and it hurt to speak. The doctor looked confused and was about to speak but my father cut him off. "It's been six weeks!" He cheered. Oh fuck that's right. But it couldn't have been six weeks. It hasn't gone that fast. " But I like this place and I'm graduating soon." I said, trying to ignore the pain. I didn't exactly like the place but I liked Veronica and I couldn't leave her not knowing how she stood on the whole us thing. "But Sir, your son is extremely ill. We need to take proper action so he doesn't do something like this again." The doctor stammered. I felt sorry for the guy because once my father declares we're moving. We're moving.

"Doc, what if you give me a bottle of Prozac and I promise to see a shrink?" I asked him. God damn was there no source of water in this fucking hospital? " I can't pretend like this is a good idea, you're in dire need of support but since you're moving away so soon, I suppose I can refer you to a clinic and ensure you'll be supported. Where are you moving to?" He sighed as she wrote something down on my file. I've always wanted to see what the doctors were writing about me. Probably saying I was bat shit crazy and a high flight risk. He's not wrong. "We're going to Vegas. Didn't you have some mates there Jason? " He grinned. Vegas? Again? It was rare that we would go to the same place twice within five years, it's even more rare that my father would remember anything about my life, especially something as trivial as if I had friends or not. "Okay then, I will go get a discharge form and get a nurse to get you out." He sighed looking worried. As much as I hate small town Ohio, it's nice to finally start to find good honest people. Shame it took killing three of the worst to find them. "We have to leave by the end of the day so pack your stuff and say goodbye and see your little girlfriend one last time. She'd be pissed if you didn't say goodbye. Women." He chuckled. I think you mean ex-girlfriend dad. But he never really cared about my personal life so I don't blame him for not knowing.