11

I sat there close to her bed holding her hand and stroking it gently with my thumb. "Ah what else? I love how small you are, I love how you laugh, I love your smile. God how I love it, it's small and adorable and I love your hair." I told a sleeping Veronica. I decided to list off all the things that I loved about and hoped that she could somehow hear me. She looked so tiny and peaceful in her sleep but I couldn't start to imagine what was going through her mind. Whenever she told me that she had to live with what I had done to her, I never took her seriously. I just thought she was being over dramatic but now I get it. This is what everything I had done, had come to. "I'm sorry Veronica." I said as I began to cry, and it wasn't just a light little cry. It was a full on ugly cry, I don't know if I've ever produced this many tears in my life. I truly didn't think I was capable of feeling this much emotion. "Jesus. I'm sorry. Please wake up, I need you." I sobbed as I held onto her hand tightly, I could never lose Veronica. If I did, I would probably lose it and kill everyone or make it simple and just kill myself. "Jason? " A groggy voice said out of nowhere. I looked up at a now awake Veronica trying to sit up. "Veronica." I smiled as I let go of her hand. She probably didn't want to look at me, let alone touch me. "Nice to see you awake and Mr Dean. You've made a comeback. The doctor said as he entered the room, is that the same fucking doctor from when I tired to off myself? Does this guy just live here? "Miss Sawyer, how are you feeling this morning?" He asked as he read his clipboard. Little shit never asked me how I was doing when I tried to kill myself, I shouldn't be mad at him though. He's a medical professional who probably doesn't care.

"Um I'm fine, I guess. Listen, when can I go?" She asked, trying to unhook the drips off of her. I wanted to tell her to stop and that she needed this help but I don't think that she would want to listen to me. She's always been so damn independent "Miss Sawyer. You can't, okay? You nearly died, you need proper medication. Why don't you teenagers believe that?" He asked while glaring at me. Hey. It wasn't my fault it was my dad's. And right now I was grateful he wasn't asking about Vegas or the whole shrink thing."I'll be back, you two be good." He said before exiting the room and Yeah be good, aka don't kill each other.

"JD what are you doing here?" She said softly. I thought she was gonna snap at me but instead she just made me doe eyes and a soft voice which made me feel even more shit. Maybe she dosen't remeber, maybe this was some dumb cliche where she loses her memory. "Because I love you.

Remember?" I told her as I slowly reached for her hand. She quickly moved away and then looked away from me. "I thought you loved Charlie." She mumbled quickly, losing the adorable act. She knew what she was doing, even if she was sick she was smart. Anyway I could never love Charlie, before Veronica I couldn't picture love. She changed me. She completed me. "Yeah that's why I'm currently with her and not at a hospital for the past 12 maybe 13 hours." I said sarcastically. She then glared at me with all the anger in her eyes. "Are you fucking kidding me?" She spat at me. "Are you really fucking trying to be funny right now? You are just so full of bullshit. You are a lot of things Jason, but I never thought a cheater would be one of those things. Which is fucking ridiculous because you're a literal murderer." I couldn't tell if she meant the words or if she was just saying it because she was pissed off at me. "I love you." I mumbled to her, I wasn't sure how to respond to that, I'm not sure I was supposed to respond but there was a part of me hoping that she would return it. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. Okay, so I wasn't supposed to return it. "Why don't you just fucking leave Jason you were good at that." I have never heard such venom in her voice, I didn't recognise this angry and hateful woman. "Whatever you want." I said as I got off the bed. I looked at her one last time and then left the room.

I walked around the car park trying to pass time and that's where I saw a very familiar car. "JD! Is Veronica okay? '' Jessie called out as he parked the car. I looked at who was with him. Yasmin and the new devil herself. Charlie. God I never wanted to see her again in my life. "No she's not. She tried to kill herself on prom night all because of her.." I spat at them. I should have been crying. I should have just broken down crying but I couldn't feel anything but rage. I didn't feel sad for Veronica, no instead I wanted revenge. Badly. "Clam down JD. It's not Charlie's fault" Yasmin said as she got out of the car. It's not Charlie's fault? Oh I see they didn't get the full story. Alright, they need the truth, I'll give it to them. "If this fucking bitch didn't kiss me then Veronica would have never had tried to do what she did." I yelled, lucky for us we were alone in this car park. Lucky for me I could really use that to my advantage. "Oh come on. You can't still be mad about that." She exclaimed. What a fucking Heather. She was worse than Duke and Chandler combined.This woman had absolutely no regret for what she did. "My girlfriend tried to kill herself! Are you that fucking stupid that you can't remember that? " I screamed at her. God I can't believe I ever fucking put up with her.It all made sense, the way she was acting the entier trip here. I can't believe I was too focused on Veronica to see that. She then dug into her handbag and pulled out something I haven't seen in a long time. "I wouldn't fucking talk to me like that." She chuckled as she pointed my old gun at me. " I know a lot more than you think I do Jason and I will tell everyone." She was fucking crazy now. I knew what she was going through all too well. Expect I wouldn't do it right in front of innocent people. "What? You gonna shoot me? Fine, go ahead. But I don't think you know what you're talking about." I said with an emotionless face. I then took a step forward and stared at her down. She's bluffing. She would never shoot me, especially if she cared about me. A few seconds passed. Silence.

Bang...