one • not the first day i intended •

this is robin :) ^
*trigger warning: abuse, alcohol use, and self harm are mentioned in this story*

+robin+
im starting a new school tomorrow, i don't want to go.

just another school full of heartless jerks who call me names.

fat.

emo.

ugly.

depressed.

i guess all of them are true. depressed is for sure. ugly, and fat. emo.

those are pretty much the top four words to describe me.

"ROBIN. GET DOWN HERE!" i hear my dad yell like the roll of thunder.

terrified, i ran down the steps through the hall to see me dad with a beer in his hand.

"cook me dinner." he flatly said with a demanding look.

"Yes, dad," i replied rushing to the kitchen before he could get a whack at me. too late.

just before i could get away he grabbed me by the arm and slapped me in the face.

"make it quick," he added on.

when he released my wrist i grabbed it myself and started to rub it because it ached.

i could already see the bruises forming. i look at my wrist once more and saw the deep red, fresh cuts along my wrist.

i forgot what i did earlier.

i slit my wrists.

that's okay. I'll just wear a sweater.

im joining this new school tomorrow. in the middle of the year. im getting anxiety just thinking about it.

anyways, after i finished making dinner i prepared a plate for my father and handed it to him.

"no dinner for you tonight, you've got a lot of weight to lose," he remarked as i nodded and headed upstairs without another word.

i sat in my bed scrolling through through my phone when i got a text from a girl named Avery.

hey idiot.

i read the text aloud. that's okay. i am an idiot.

-
+the next morning+
+robin+
i woke up to the sound of my telephone screeching teenagers by My Chemical Romance.

time to get ready.

i slipped on a pierce the veil shirt with black skinny jeans and headed out the door without a sound from my dad.

thank god.

once i arrived at school i realized i forgot my sweater.

everyone will see.

i have nothing to hide my cuts and bruises with.

panicking i started to run to the restroom when i bumped into this extremely cute guy.

he looked down and reached out his hand to help me up and i quickly took it .

"im terribly sorry!" i said to the cute guy and he chuckled.

"no worries, im christofer. who might you be?" He said in a raspy voice.

"robin" i calmly said trying to control my feelings.

"what's your first period, robin?" he asked in a suspicious voice.

"im new. i don't have my schedule. do you mind showing me where the office is?" i asked as i scratched the back of my neck nervously.