Chapter Eleven

Jessie's POV

After I got the call, I decided to leave Anna and just see what Seth wanted. I hated leaving her, but I know she had things she wanted to do and that would require privacy. After I left her house I couldn't stop thinking about watching her last night. I heard every breath and every little moan in her sleep. Music to my ears.

I showed up at the spot Seth suggested we meet up at. I walked up behind his sitting figure and stepped on a twig causing it to snap. He turned and with that he motioned for me to sit next to him. We sat in silence for a moment until he broke it.

"Just because we aren't mates doesn't mean we can't be close anymore Jes. I loved you for the last two years of my life. I can't just let that go. But you on the other hand, seem to be over it just like that." His words cut me, but I couldn't help but feel no regret or guilt. I couldn't help that I no longer loved him. I loved someone else and that love wouldn't go away even if I wanted it to.

I looked out into the distance. "Well Seth, I can't help it. The mate bond is extremely strong. I can't seem to love anyone else but Anna." I looked at him and he looked crushed, hurt, betrayed. I shook the thought out of my head. He's not going to make me feel bad for finding a mate. It wasn't my choice.

The conversation went on a little further and I was informed that he was thinking about MY mate last night. A feeling of pure rage filled my body. How dare he ever say anything about what is mine!? I cocked my arm back and cracked him right in the jaw. Smirking as I felt it connect and make a loud noise. That'll teach him to keep his thoughts on other females and not mine. He looked at me in disbelief as I yelled, "Don't you EVER say some shit like that to me ever again Seth!" I could've killed him, I was so pissed.

Still dumbfounded, he apologized but I didn't want to hear it. Obviously if I was speaking to the girl he should know that was my mate. I shifted and ran far away as fast as I could. Letting all the anger seep out of me like sweat. I came to when I was outside of Anna's house. I wondered what she was doing and if I was on her mind. She sure was on mine. All damn day. Haven't had a single hug or kiss but I couldn't get enough of her.

I decided to take a little nap in the bushes on the side of her house, still in my wolf form.

I woke up an hour later to a beep in the woods. My phone! I ran and shifted behind the tree where I hid my clothing. I looked through my shorts for my phone. Found it! There was a text from "soulmate" on there. I was so excited that I almost dropped the phone.

'Would you like to come over this evening and keep me company until my parents get back on Thursday?'

'If I was still in wolf form my tail would be wagging right now. :P but yes, I would love to. I am actually outside right now so I'll be there in about a minute."

I quickly threw on my clothes and rushed to her door, knocking like a wild woman. A few seconds later she opened the door.

Anna's POV

I giggled after reading her text. She was silly. It made me feel special that she was so excited.

I heard banging on the door. Right on time. I rushed to get to the door and fixed myself a little before opening it. I was greeted with a huge smile and a "hello mate." It made me smile and I told her to come in. I informed her to make herself at home on the couch while I grabbed some popcorn and other various snacks and drinks.

"I planned a sort of movie date. I hope it isn't too cliche." I looked at her hoping she would appreciate my effort.

"Not at all. This is almost as perfect as you are." She smiled and I nearly melted. Why did she have to be so gorgeous? Why did I have to feel what I am feeling? Curse the fates. They're trying to kill me here. I want to touch her and do so much more. I tried to think about something else but from the looks of it she already knew.

"I can smell your arousal mate. Please try and contain yourself or I will have to take action. It's hard to keep myself from jumping your bones. Excuse my language." She was talking low and seductively. Her eyes were focused right on my lips.

I took a deep breath while she did the same as she closed her eyes. When she opened them, they were normal. I sat next to her and we started our "date."

------------------------------------------------------------

Hoping they kiss?

Maybe soon.

Veronica