Chapter Fourteen

Jessie's POV

I waited outside the door for what seemed like hours. Seth kept questioning and picking fights with me. Leave it to a stubborn soon-to-be alpha to not keep his mouth closed even when he knows my power exceeds his by a mile.

"You break up with me and a week later, your mate is my mate. Crazy. I can't get away from you."

"The feeling is mutual Seth."

He got up and punched the wall. "I want to see my mate. I will prove that I'm worthy and see will choose me."

"You think so? Why don't we let her make that decision?" The arrogance in him was something I once liked but now I just loathed him and everything about him. She deserves way better. He was nice to me, yes, but he is not good for someone as sweet and innocent as her. I was more capable of protecting and pleasing her every need.

The doctor came out and informed us that we could see her now. I got up and shortly after Seth did as well. We fought to get in the door first. I ended up opening it and we continued to fuss until Anna instructed us to shutup. We both listened right away, but then started asking was she ok and why she passed out. Once again we were told to hush.

She agreed to let us all talk at some point, but only if we got some food. I could see that she was tired and struggling with this new information. I hope this doesn't effect the bond we created the past two days.

Of course I was the first to respond. I would take her anywhere she ever wanted to go. I'd do anything for her.

Seth's POV

I couldn't really say much. Whenever she spoke I was captivated. Her voice was like a silky, smooth milkshake on a hot summer afternoon. I had been blessed to have such a beautiful mate. Not too happy about maybe having to share her, but I would until she chose me. I growled at the thought. Sharing MY mate.

Jessie was always quick to answer and to act on Anna's behalf. You could see the love in her eyes every time Anna said anything to her. Even something like shut up. Do I look like that when she speaks to me?

"I think that's a great idea. You should eat and then rest darling. After you have enough energy then we can all talk." I informed her.

Anna's POV

"I think that's a great idea. You should eat and then rest darling. After you have enough energy then we can all talk." Seth spoke so sweet and gentle to me. Something I had wished he would do since I saw him exit his car.

I took a look at Jessie and saw her eyes darkening, but this time it wasn't because of me. It was because of what Seth had said. I grabbed her hand and held it in mine. "Calm down sweetie." I smiled at her. Her eyes returned to normal and I let out an exhausted sigh.

"Guys, I better not have to deal with this amount of stress from you two for long. Every time that I do I will ignore you both until you can find a way to be civil. Am I clear?" I looked at them one by one.

They both nodded their heads in agreement and I smiled.

"Good, now how about lunch?"

------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to everyone still reading!

Veronica