Chapter Twelve

Jessie's POV

For the first two days me and Anna got really close. We still haven't kissed or anything, but she did hug me and allow me to sleep in the bed with her. We even cuddled. The tingles on my skin were unlike anything else. I could feel her coursing through my veins like a drug. She was intoxicating, euphoric even. It was Monday and we were getting ready for school.

"So when we get to school do you want to walk the halls together?" I asked.

"Sure, I don't see why not. We've gotten closer and I can feel the bond strengthening." I felt something different. Something I have never felt before. It caused me to run to her and give her a huge hug.

"Thank you, thank you. I am happier now than I have ever been." I put her down and kissed her forehead. "Get dressed mate. I will be waiting downstairs for you."

While I was waiting, I got a text from Seth. I rolled my eyes as I read the screen. 'Meet me outside the school before you go inside.'

He just doesn't quit.

Anna's POV

I couldn't believe how close we were getting. I mean, yea, I can, but it just blows my mind. She's so perfect. I couldn't find a single flaw, not that I was looking. I wanted so badly to kiss her, but I'm pretty sure it would end up more than just a kiss. As I slept at night she would run her fingers through my hair and bury her face in my neck. Every time I would get aroused and my heart would speed up. She would groan everytime and beg of me to keep my thoughts clean. I giggled. I didn't mean to be a tease. Poor girl, she's in need.

She asked if we could walk the halls together and I agreed. Wouldn't be right if we didn't. She thanked me twice, squished my bones in a hug, and said she would wait for me downstairs.

I decided to dress nicer today than usual. I wanted to look nice for her. I rushed down the stairs with my bag in tow and as promised she was waiting for me. Her eyes darkened and she came closer to me. Her face was inches away from mine and for a moment I was willing to let it all go. She was so sexy when her eyes got all dark like that. She looked so possessive.

"Um, babe?" This seemed to knock her out of her aroused state but only for a little. She responded in that low, growl like voice of hers.

"Yes, my love?" I squished my legs together the best I could to keep from getting aroused. It didn't help.

"School?" She snapped into reality after that and we headed to her car. A beautiful navy blue Corvette Stingray. She opened my door for me and proceeded to get in on her side and we were on our way. She informed me that Seth wanted to meet her outside of the school. I had also learned over the weekend that he was her ex. It made me a little jealous, but I brushed the thought away quickly. I agreed.

"I'll be there with you. No worries." I reassured her.

Seth's POV

I groggily woke up and sauntered out of bed. I turned the shower on and instantly woke up. Fucking cold water. After I switched it warm and washed up I got out and got ready for school.

School. Where I would have to watch Jessie walk around and flirt with her mate all damn day. The mate I needed to have a few words with.

'Stop being ridiculous boy.' My wolf always had something smart to say. I rolled my eyes and growled.

'I know, I know. I just want Jessie.'

'You want her, but our mate bond doesn't. We have a mate out there. We must find her. She will be better than Jessie.'

I decided to block him from my thoughts for now. I would still like to meet her. At least to show Jessie that I am not immature and will not hold a grudge against her. I just wanted her to understand my pain.

I headed outside and got into the car and for the first time in years, I rode to school alone and in silence. I shot Jessie a text and told her to meet me out front.

Here goes nothing.