Chapter Ten

Seth's POV

I decided to call Jessie and see if she would meet me in the woods a few yards away from the pack house. I needed to see her. I was so heartbroken and out of it that I just needed her near me. I hate that she found a mate and I hate that she isn't mine. It just isn't fair. Why would the Moon Goddess do this to me?

A few minutes later I heard a twig snap behind me. Jessie. I turned to see her standing there, looking at me in a confused way. I motioned for her to sit beside me. She did, but not as close as she used to. I felt a pang in my chest.

"Just because we aren't mates doesn't mean we can't be close anymore Jes. I loved you for the last two years of my life. I can't just let that go. But you on the other hand, seem to be over it just like that."

"Well Seth, I can't help it. The mate bond is extremely strong. I can't seem to love anyone else but Anna." She looked at me and I could see the love in her eyes as she said Anna.

"Is Anna the girl you were talking to last night?"

She looked at me. "You stalking me now?"

I scoffed. "No, I just happened to notice last night as I was looking around the party. So was that her?"

"Yes." She didn't say anything else.

"Well, she's beautiful. To tell you the truth I couldn't get her off my mind last night." I felt a hard punch connect with my jaw. I fell back. Holy shit.

"Don't you EVER say some shit like that to me ever again Seth!" My name came out of her mouth dripping with disgust. I couldn't believe she just punched me.

"Well, Jessie, it wasn't my fault. I didn't want to think about her. My mind just went that way. I don't know why. I'm sorry I guess." I tried to apologize.

"I'll see you some other time." I tried to stop her but she shifted into that beautiful white wolf I still loved so much and with that she was gone. Leaving me there holding my jaw.

That conversation got us nowhere.

I decided that me and this Anna girl would have a conversation the next school day.