4-the invitation

A/N- back to 3rd person now, but there will be more things like that :)

Alice stopped talking to Jessica for a week. She focused entirely on work, as it was during the stressful period of the year. It was finally the weekend, and just as Alice was about to climb in for a long relaxing shower there was a heavy knock on her door. She sighed and opened it. Jessica was standing there. "You're alive!" Jessica said grinning. "Yeah. I am." Alice said sighing. "Where have you been? You haven't been replying to my texts or answering my calls, which is unlike you." Jessica said placing her hands on her hips. "Busy with work stuff." Alice said letting Jessica in. Jessica rolled her eyes and knew Krystal must have done something to Alice. "Alice! I got you a present!" Jessica said holding something behind her back. She revealed an expensive handbag. "Jess, this is really expensive! You shouldn't have." Alice said taking the handbag and looking concerned. "Well, yes. But you needed a new one. Your old one is getting worn out." Jessica said smiling. "You shouldn't spend so much money on me, even if I am your best friend." Alice said still looking concerned. "Please take it. I have lots of money and I want you to have it." Jessica said looking at Alice with puppy eyes. "Fine." Alice said putting the handbag down. "Don't do it again. Save this money for presents for loved ones." Alice said in a scolding tone. "But you are a loved one to me." Jessica thought to herself. Jessica pushed away the thought. "So! Let's go out for coffee!" Jessica said dragging Alice out the door to their favourite coffee place, also the place they met. They sat down in their usual booth. After a cup of coffee, Jessica had to ask Alice something. "Listen, Alice." Jessica said grabbing Alice's hand. "I want you to come to New York with me." Jessica said. "Really? Okay then!" Alice said smiling. "You can bring that new handbag of yours. Oh, and make sure you look good at the airport, the paparazzi will be there." Jessica said getting up. "Hope work gets better, bye Alice." Jessica said hugging her and kissing her cheek again. Alice walked back to her apartment, her heart racing. "Damnit stupid Jung genetics for making Jessica look so good and making her personality amazing. Damn you." Alice muttered to herself.