19-the "fans"

a/n thank you for 200 reads! this story is going to have about 25 chapters (probs more), but there may be a sequel. thank you so much for reading this so far!

Alice was walking around the grocery store, doing her regular shopping for the week. She was browsing one of the aisles, when she was tapped on the shoulder. "Yes?" She asked, turning around and smiling. 3 surly looking girls stood in front of her. "What's up?" Alice asked, slightly scared. "Jessica deserves better." One of them said, shoving Alice. "She should fall in love with a MAN. And even if it is a girl, it should be a decent looking one." One of them snapped. They began to throw things at Alice. They managed to trip her over, and she quickly scrambled up and ditched her shopping and ran. She managed to lose them, running back to her apartment. "What. The. Fuck." Alice panted, blinking back tears. She decided to call Jessica, it would be better to tell her about these things. 

It took Alice a few tries to try and get her to pick up, but she finally did. "Hey Alice, what's up?" Jessica said cheerfully. "Something bad happened." Alice sighed. "What happened? Are you okay?" Jessica said, her voice now concerned. "I was just doing my grocery shopping, and people I'm assuming were fans of yours came up to me and harassed me." Alice said, the words they said, repeating in Alice's brain. "Oh god, I was worried this might happen. I'm coming over now. See you then." Jessica said, hanging up. 

About 20 minutes after the call, there was a knock at Alice's door. 20 minutes was long enough for Alice to have a breakdown. Alice answered the door, now weak from crying. Jessica instantly hugged her. "I'm so sorry Alice, those people are not my fans." Jessica said, holding Alice close. "Am I good enough for you?" Alice asked quietly. "Alice, you are perfect for me." Jessica said, using her sleeves to wipe Alice's tear streaked face. "Come on, don't listen to them. They don't mean anything. They are just jealous you get me instead of them." Jessica smiled.

Alice was doing her grocery shopping at the same place a few days later. She was browsing the shelves, before she was tapped on the shoulder again. Alice spun around. "Do you never listen? Jessica deserves sooooo much better than you." A girl snapped. "Do I now? Because I'm happy how I am." Jessica snapped, walking around the corner. The 3 girls went silent, and bolted off. "Nice one." Alice laughed. "It's better than you getting hurt." Jessica smiled. "Come on, lets go home."