Chapter 7

"Serafina Cara Davidson, what were you thinking?!" Jace yells.

I'm sitting in the living room, being chewed out by Jace, Tyler, Violet, and even Quinn, though Quinn's much calmer than he usually would've been.

"I didn't get hurt," I mumble for the fourth time.

"Who cares?! What were you thinking running out into the woods?!" Tyler shouts.

"Sera, you could've been hurt! Or worse; killed!" Violet reprimands.

I nod, looking down.

"Sera, don't do that again!" Tyler and Jace shout at the same time.

I nod again.

"Okay. I won't run off again..."

They all sigh in relief.

"If you stop lying to me and tell me what's going on," I continue, looking up at them with hard, determined eyes.

"W-what do you mean?" Violet stutters.

"Don't play dumb! Tell, me, if you're lying, why is it that when I first got here, people kept saying I was weird?"

No one answers.

"Okay, how about how can everyone else run like freaking Olympians, except for Violet and I? Or maybe why Quinn smelled my neck a week or two ago?"

They all look to Quinn for a moment, but he's just smirking.

"No? Then how do Tyler and Quinn know my brother? We just moved here and yet it seems like you're all best buds. How about why I constantly feel like I'm being watched?! Huh?! Tell me the truth!" I push.

They all stay silent, not looking at me.

"Please, tell me the truth."

"Sera-" Jace begins, but I stop him.

"Unless you're about to tell me the truth, then don't talk."

He looks down. I shake my head. And to think, I was finally starting to trust them, even Quinn.

"Huh, and to think, I was actually starting to trust you all," I say, chuckling humorlessly.

Trying not to let more tears fall, I walk upstairs and slam my door shut. Darkness envelopes me, but when I go to switch on the light, a voice comes from my bed.

"I was wondering when you would come up," that horrid voice calls out.

I whip around, my heart beating in my chest rapidly.

"W-why... h-how are you here?" I stutter, backing up against the door.

I hear footsteps come closer to me, and a puff of breath in my face makes me scream. A cold and stone-like hand covers my mouth, muffling half my scream.

"Shhhh."

"I told you I would see you again soon, my dear. Did I not?"

I try to scream again, but it comes out muffled still.

"Oh, no, don't cry. It pains me to see you in such pain, my dear. Come on, let's take you home," the voice coos.

I struggle against the door, as the person uncovers my mouth to move both his hands to my waist. I scream out again, this time putting words in.

"JACE! QUINN! SOMEONE! HELP!" I screech.

My soon-to-be kidnapper tsks.

"My darling, you can stall for now, but eventually, you will be mine. Forever; and quite literally. Until then," they say, before letting go of me and disappearing into thin air.

My door bursts open, and Violet and the boys come barging in. Quinn looks down to see my curled up figure, sobbing now. He picks me up, trying to calm me down.

"Shh, don't worry, Angel, everything is okay."

"H-h-h-he was here," I sob.

"Who, Angel?"

"Ryan." 

My goodness, this was so short........and cringey. When I wrote this whole book, I wrote it on google docs, so I didn't really see how short some of the chapters really were. Sorry! Luckily, I always update with two chapters on Sunday! Also, should I possibly update more often? I can because I have all the chapters already written, but it's up to the readers. 

So, should I update more often? Like, Sundays with two chapters, then Thursdays with one or something? Tell me plz.

Comment, vote, and share plz!

-Mel