Chapter 23

This is gonna be a long chappie!!!

 And I'm sorry, but I just HAD to put this up. My poor baby Alois....*breaks into sobs* YOU WERE SO FABULOUS AND PSYCHO!!!!!!!!!!!

 Okay, uh, the song is The Full Moon Slightly Chipped. 

The song is way too beautiful, and it just freaking tears at my heart strings and makes me think of Alois Trancy from Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji).

Sera

When Quinn comes into my room, I notice how he looks tense.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"The Lizard won't bother you anymore," he mutters, before falling face-first into the bed.

"Huh?"

"He left. And he won't come back again. Not if I can help it," he mumbles.

Aww, he looks so dead. I lay down next to him, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"You okay?" I ask softly.

He sighs, turning around and pulling me to his chest.

"I am now that you're here," he mumbles.

I smile, snuggling into his chest.

"I love you," I murmur, feeling weird now.

I just said I loved him!

"I love you too, My Angel," Quinn whispers, kissing my hair.

We continue to snuggle, until a loud and hard knock comes at the door. Jace comes bursting in, a cut above his eyebrow.

"Quinn! The... siblings... they're here! They've already killed the border guards, and now they're in front of the house. Don't... shift! They're... killing the wolves in us," he gasps, resting his hands on his knees.

Quinn jumps up, pulling me up with him. He pushes me to Jace, who catches me in his arms and starts to rush me down a set of stairs tucked away in a corner.

"Woah, woah, woah; what are you doing?" I ask, trying to stop him.

"I need to get you with the children and some of the women," he says, pushing me down the stairs harder.

By now, I'm floating in panic, my wings stirring up dust.

"But, I want to help! I can help! I'm not a little kid anymore!" I protest.

"Quinn and I don't want you getting hurt. You're staying here, okay?"

He pushes me into a room with kids and women huddled together, a few males guarding them. He quickly turns around and shuts the door. I bang on it, but it doesn't budge, making me cry out in frustration. Looks like I'm stuck.

Quinn

We've been fighting for a while now. Casualties are high, and it's only getting worse. Half way through the attack, a coven of vampires attacked, backing up the sorcerers.

We're outnumbered: 5 to 1. Jace is off somewhere, fighting a pair of vampires. At least Sera is safe.

The worst part is: we can't shift. If we do, our wolves are torn from our soul. I've seen the few unfortunate wolves who went through that. I glance at some of their mangled and bloody bodies now. It fuels my anger, and I lunge, tearing through a sorcerers throat with a mercury knife.

"Look, it's Mr. Alpha!" An-al-too-familiar voice says.

"Ooh, you're right! Let's go say hi!" Another voice purrs.