Chapter 13

I wake up, but notice that it's still dark out. Looking at my phone, I see it's five in the morning.

I try to go back to sleep, but I'm wide awake now. I wonder if Quinn is awake?

Turning around, I check to see if Quinn's awake. He's not, but he looks adorable with his calm and peaceful resting face.

He inhales deeply, then exhales, smiling in his sleep. I giggle softly at him, while I feel his arm tighten around me and pull me closer to him. He snuggles his face into my hair, and stops moving again.

"Aye, Quinn," I mutter.

Hmm, what to do with all this time? I can call Violet or another friend... oh! DRAKE'S COMING TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

I sit up fast, already giddy for his arrival. Quinn groans from my side, reaching his arm out for me. I roll my eyes, laying back down and moving his arm around me again. Even when he's sleeping, he won't let me leave his side. But it's cute. I like how safe he makes me feel.

My phone suddenly starts blaring "Just Like Fire" by Pink, flashing my nickname for Drake: Fireboy. I chuckle at the joke we made about his wild temper. It really is "Just Like Fire".

"Drake! Hey, what's up?"

"Just wanted to check on you. How's it going with Mr. Alpha Mate?"

I turn to look at Quinn, and smile lightly, "Well, let's just say you're probably not going to be able to steal me away often."

"What do you mean? I mean, I know Alphas are protective and all, but he won't let you have a few hours with me?"

"No, but it's kinda' my fault."

"What did you do?"

"Hehe, I raided the kitchen with my other friend and shared the spoils with her mate. Yeah, and I also evaded him when he picked up my scent on our way back."

Drake whistles. "Wow, Sprout, someone's becoming a bad little girl."

"No, I'm not!"

He chuckles, then I remember what Quinn and his father were talking about.

"Hey, Drake, since you seem to know so much about the mythical creature world, can you help me with something?"

"Um, what exactly do you need help with?" He asks cautiously.

"When I was listening to Quinn and his dad talk, I heard them talking about me. They said that I might be what my mom was, and that her kind 'hated violence with a passion'. What do they mean?"

He sighs, shifting the phone around, causing static.

"Look, Serafina, I can't tell you until you're ready. But, I will tell you that Quinn and Jace are keeping this from you for a good reason. I love you, I'll see you tonight, 'kay?"

"Okay. Bye, love you too," I mumble before hanging up.

"Who was that, Sera?" Quinn mumbles from behind me.

"Huh? Oh, Drake called."

"Oh, okay," he mumbles before falling asleep again.

What do I do now?

"Sera, baby, wake up," someone whispers.

My eyes flutter open, and I meet a pair of beautiful blue ones.

"Huh?" I mumble, closing my eyes again.

"Come on, Sleepyhead, we have to get you a dress for the dinner tonight. And also, you don't want to sleep all day and miss your friend's arrival," the person chuckles.