Chapter 10

Song is How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20. The song has probably nothing to do with the chapter, but it has something to do with an important note at the bottom. :)

Quinn

Sera suddenly screams, looking out the window, and faints, going limp in my arms. I panic, cradling her in my arms.

"Sera?! Angel?"

"What happened?" Tyler asks, looking down at her.

"I don't know, she just, screamed and fainted. I don't think she took Ryan's alliance very well," I reply.

"She's too fragile as it is, Quinn. How is she supposed to become Luna?" Jace asks me, frustrated.

That stops me. How will she become Luna? She's too fragile, too docile; and even if she was fierce and strong, humans can't become Lunas or Alphas. It may be possible if she was perhaps another type of creature, but just not a human. We have many other creatures be Lunas or Beta females: dragons, naiads, faeries, a siren once. Hmm, there was that one Beta female who was a tree nymph, but her and the Beta male died many years ago.

"Jace, do you think Serafina inherited your mother's form?" My father asks Jace.

Huh? Their mother was a creature? What kind?

"I'm not sure, she hasn't shown any signs, but my mother's kind come of age at eighteen, and Sera is only seventeen."

He nods.

"We might have to check. Because if she does inherit it, then she can eventually become Luna. What about your father?"

"Werewolf."

"You know, you've never mentioned your parents. Where are they? At your house?" I ask.

Jace's eyes flash with pain.

"They were killed in a forest fire. A young dragon had blown his temper, and trying to avoid being caught or getting anyone killed, he fled to the forest my mother actually came from. My sister and I, we were only eight and ten, were in the meadow nearby, playing around. Our father was watching us, when the fire started. Our mother had gone into the forest earlier, to meet with some friends. My father went into the fire to save her, but they both never came out.

The dragon, horrified by what he'd done, shifted back into a very young boy, probably about eight even. He must've been of royal descent. He ran to us and apologized a million times, but I only understood him, Sera didn't know that he was speaking his language, not English. Then the boy ran off, crying."

"Oh, I'm so sorry I asked. I never knew you went through that," I apologize.

"It's fine, I was young. Sera never really knew, I've just been telling her it was a forest fire, not a young dragon's rage. I hope to tell her the truth one day, but I don't think now is a good time. I'm not angry, either. The boy was way too young to understand much, and I'm surprised he was even able to shift. He looked so sorry too."

Sera suddenly softly moans, squeezing her eyes shut, then popping them open.

"Hi, what happened?" She groans, looking around.

"You fainted when you looked out the window. What did you see?" I tell her.

Her green eyes flash with pain.

"I heard his voice. Ryan. He said something to me, then he was there, in the window. But then he disappeared, but I was almost gone by then," she explains, shivering.

"What did he say this time?" I ask, trying hard to keep Hunter from coming out and chasing that bloodsucker.

"He told me he wanted me, and that the threats to you guys are helping him, not the other way around. Then he said he'll see me very soon."