Chapter 16

Song is Alive by Becca and the picture is of the pack house' backyard, the forest is towards the camera's point of view.

"Serafina!" Drake laughs, spinning me around.

"Drake! I'm so sorry I didn't pick you up at the airport!" I exclaim.

"It's fine, Lil' Sprout, I understand if you were too busy with your mate. Speaking of mate, I'd, um, better put you down. Before Mr. Alpha over there loses control of his wolf and kills me," Drake says, letting go of me slowly.

I frown, then hear growling from behind us. Oh. As soon as I hit the ground, I'm pulled back into someone's hard chest. Quinn. Though, by now, it's probably Hunter in control.

"I hate it when you're around another man," Hunter whispers in my ear, snuggling his face into my neck.

"Um, Hunter, it's fine. He's like my brother. Right, Drake?"

"Yup. Trust me, Mr. Alpha, I have no intentions of keeping her. She's just my little sister," Drake assures, taking a step back.

Hunter growls, tightening his hold on me, before he sighs, relaxing his grip a bit.

"Sorry, Sera, Hunter was a bit jealous. Uh, Drake, why don't you get in the car? We need to get to the house; we're going to go on a little run," Quinn says.

Drake grins, nodding his head, before stepping into the car. Quinn turns me around in his grip, looking down at me with hard blue eyes.

"Sera, I'm just going to warn you beforehand: you being around Drake is going to drive Hunter up a wall, but only until he's absolutely certain that you and Drake have only a sibling relationship."

"Um, o-okay," I say, looking down.

He lifts my chin up, leaning down and kissing me softly and quickly. I flush, freezing, before he does it again.

"You're so adorable when you blush, my little tomato," he chuckles.

He pulls me with him to the car, where Drake smirks to himself.

I sit in the back with him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I saw that. That was cute," Drake whispers to me.

I blush, slapping him playfully on the arm.

"Oh, you! I forgot how annoying you are!" I exclaim quietly.

He starts to laugh, not chuckle, but full-out laugh, tilting his head back. I missed his laugh: it's so... inviting. It makes me want to laugh!

I start to laugh as well, when Quinn takes in a breath. I stop laughing after a while.

"You know, Sera, I haven't heard you laugh before. Like, actually laugh," Quinn says, a sad edge to his tone.

"Yeah, I don't usually laugh this loud with anyone but Drake. His laugh is just so contagious!" I explain, making me giggle again.

Quinn mumbles something, stopping the car in front of the house. Drake whistles, stepping out of the car, grabbing my hand and pulling me along.

"Woah, this place is nice! I see this pack is quite large for such a small town, so I'm assuming you extend past Wimberley?" Drake notes.

"Are you always this analytical?" Quinn mumbles, pulling me away from Drake.

"Yes, most of the time. Sorry, it's part of who I am, though I'm sure you understand, no? Or have you been too blinded by your jealousy to smell what I am?"

Quinn sniffs slightly, then his eyes widen.

"Oh."

"Yes. Now, you said something about you guys running?" Drake says.