Chapter 22

Agh, I don't know anymooooore, I'm running out of mildly appropriate songs! Everything else on my lists are basically rock songs or depressing Twenty One Pilot songs that would probs ruin every mood the chapters set. Lol. Anywhoo, Song is Team by Lorde.

oh, and the A/N is (big surpriiiise!) very long, but it's cut into small chunks so you can pick up the gist of it

The next few days go by in a blur. Quinn teaches me how to fight, though I do not enjoy it. Kristine and Jace help me master my new abilities: flight, and the control of plants. I loved every second of that. We were all on high alert for the siblings, but they never show. It's scaring us that they haven't struck yet. As for Ryan and Drake, I don't see them anymore, which is a bittersweet relief.

"Sera! Someone's here to see you!" Violet screams from downstairs.

"Huh?" I ask to myself.

Who the heck do I know that's not already here?

"Coming!" I shout, getting up off my bed and running downstairs.

Before I knew how to put away my wings, for a proper human facade, I would sometimes fly down the stairs by accident, often getting hurt. I laugh softly at those memories, coming face to face with one of my captors.

"Sprout! Oh good, you can fold your wings in! I assume you know how to use your ability, too, right?" Drake exclaims, coming closer to me.

"Get away!" I screech, stepping away.

Hurt flashes across his face, and he frowns.

"Sera, look, I'm so-"

"NO! Get away, Drake! I never want to see your face again! You betrayed me! You killed my parents! You didn't even help me escape from Ryan; in fact, you seemed completely fine with it! I hate you! I wish you never came here!" I scream at him, feeling - for the first time in a while - white-hot fury course through my veins.

I start to feel the pull at my gut, the usual pull of my abilities coming up to the surface.

"Sera, calm down..." Violet says softly, but I scream, turning around and running up the stairs.

An arm catches me, holding me against a warm chest.

"Hey, hey, hey! What's going on?" Quinn whispers to me, keeping me tightly against him.

My anger slowly fades away, the pull of my abilities waning as well. I sigh.

"Drake's here. He's downstairs," I mumble in his chest.

"Why is he here?" Quinn asks.

"I don't know. But, in case you didn't realize, he was there. With me when I was kidnapped. Him and Ryan were so friendly with each other, and he didn't even help me escape. In fact, he almost kept me there by trying to grab my ankle when I flew away. I hate him now."

Quinn growls, letting me go.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Downstairs to beat the lizard to a pulp," he seethes.

I shrug, walking to my room. Deep inside, I feel bad that I'm letting Quinn hurt Drake, but I'm too blinded by my hate to care enough. I know I will get over it soon, I always do, but right now, I feel some satisfaction that Drake will get what he deserves.

Drake

I hear footsteps coming back down the stairs, and I know what's coming: a very angry Alpha looking for revenge.

Quinn enters, his eyes pure liquid gold now, a scowl on his face. I look straight at him, preparing myself for his blows.

"You," he growls, honestly sending slight tremors of fear down my spine.