19

"Thank you," I told the waiter as he sat down my coffee and bagel. I listened to my music as I sat down in the back booth of the little cafe. My mind kept slipping to Ethan. Every time I thought of him I almost cried. I couldn't stand this anymore. I decided to text Grayson and see what he was up to. God what am I doing!?

ETHAN POV

I sighed when Grayson told me Sage had text him again. Am I still pissed at her? Yeah but honestly I just want to hear her voice again. I just want to feel her warm soft skin on mine. Although I know that will never happen is till think about it. Currently me and Grayson were at the hotel pool just chilling. "Why don't you text her?" He asked me and I rolled my eyes. "I don't know." I said scratching the back of my neck. "Eth-" he started his little lesson about how I should have never got involved. "I don't have time for this shit." I told him then left.

I went up to the hotel room and got changed. I called one of my friends that lives here in Florida. He told me that they were at the beach and I should come. I sighed as I headed to the beach. I love Grayson I really do. I just need a brake sometimes. Once I got there they were underneath the dock and smoking. I smiled because I already knew that they were smoking weed.

As much as I hate this weed has actually been my escape lately. I walked over to them and they smiled big. "Ethan we thought you weren't going to come!" They said and I rolled my eyes while laughing. "Just pass the damn joint." I said and they grinned before passing it to me. One thing led to another and before I knew it I was high.

SAGE POV

Once I arrived at the beach I changed into a bikini they gave me. They applied makeup and all different kind of things. I did what they told and then we started taking pictures. I stood in the ocean and the sand. We took like a million pictures before we finally decided to go to the dock and take some. Once we got over there it smelt like pure weed. Probably a bunch of crack heads. As we got closer there was a group of boys. They look around my age so I kept my head low just in case anyone tried to hit on me. Not that they would but that would just be embarrassing.

Once we passed them I looked back and I wish I never did. There he was, a joint in his hand. His eyes were bloodshot and his clothes were wrinkled. His hair was a mess and his hat was on backwards. I wanted to cringe if the sight of him like that. But I didn't, instead I felt bad. This is my fault. He blew a puff of smoke out and then looked up at me. He closed his eyes and then opened them again. I gave him a disappointed look before I kept walking.

We took a lot more picture in different places and then they told me that I was born to be a model. Haha so cliche I know. I thanked them before calling the girl I met at the mall yesterday. I found out her name was Kelsey and that she was eighteen. Once I got ready in my dress and heels I put on some light makeup and straightened my hair. Before I knew it Kelsey was here and we were off to the party.

Once we got there it smelt like vodka and sex. I cringed as I seen all the bodies littered everywhere. "Kelsey who's even throwing this party?" I asked and she shrugged. "I honestly have no clue. But they have a party like every weekend so everybody knows about them." I nodded and we stepped into the house. It smelt even worse in there. "Cole!" Kelsey shouted and the boy came over to us. He was in guessing her boyfriend since they started making out.

"I'm going to get something to drink." I told her and she gave me a thumbs up because her boyfriend tongue was still shoved down her throat. I headed to where I'm guessing was the kitchen but I have no clue. "Sage!" Grayson said running to me. I sighed because I knew if there was Grayson there was Ethan. "Hello," I said wrapping my arms around him. "God I haven't seen you in forever!" He said and I nodded. "I know right." I said grinning. "Hey Gray-" Ethan stopped once he seen me. He turned around and walked away.

"Ethan!" Grayson yelled before turning around back to me. "I'm sorry.. he's been different since you guys broke up." I nodded. "Yeah I know. I didn't know he smiles weed." I said frowning. "He doesn't." Grayson said and I sighed and nodded. "You need to go talk to him." He said and then walked away from me. Ugh fuck you grayson!

As I walked through the crowd of bodies looking for Ethan I couldn't help but wonder what other habits he's created. God as I walked by I found the kitchen and took like three shots before continuing to look for Ethan. God I've never drank like this before. I found him walking in the hall cursing to himself as he looked in each room. He was probably lost. "Ethan?" I whispered as I walked up behind him. "Not no- Sage?" He whispered my name so quiet it was barely audible.

"Ethan you need to stop." I said walking up to him. "Stop what?" He asked me and I looked at him. "Ethan I see you today. It hurt to know that your doing this to yourself. It hurts to know that you would risk you career over some silly relationship." I said and he rolled his eyes. "It wasn't silly Sage. I loved you." Loved. Past tense of love. As in he doesn't anymore. "You didn't think it was going to last did you?" I asked and he nodded. "I had hope." He answered.

"So did I," I said but he wasn't listening. "Then why did you do what you did?" He asked and I looked down. "I didn't want to Ethan." I said and he shrugged. "Why would I want to? You were perfect. I did love you ya know." I said and I bet he could tell the alcohol was getting to me. I was holding on to him to balance myself. As soon as I realized I quickly pulled my hand away.  "I was perfect? You did love me?" He said sternly. "What about now?" He asked with a sad tone.

"I feel like I don't even know you anymore." I said and he nodded. "So you applied to be a model after all?" He asked avoiding my comment. I nodded my head slowly still looking down. "Sage please don't act like you don't love me anymore. I can tell that you do. Please don't try to make me mad by doing this to me." He said and came closer.

"Ethan I do love you. I have no doubt that I don't but I don't know." I said and he looked at me intently. "God damnit you don't know about what?!" He yelled and I flinched. He looked at me and rolled his eyes. "Ethan have you had anything to drink?" I asked him since he's never like this. "Are you scared of me?" He said and I shook my head. "Ethan I just need to know if you still love me." I said and he walked away from me. Just like that Ethan was gone.