Chapter 30

So i know this is crazy short and its been a little bit of a wait... and its a cliff hanger... but I've been really busy guys!  I'm sorry :[

But the good news is...... I SAW THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!! I f***ing love PEETA!!!!!! Although I will admit to liking Gale when i first start the series last year... but after the second book I was like no way, PEETA ALL THE WAY! 

Hey... that rymes!  Okay well here the chapter!  Enjoy!  Vote!  Comment!  <3 Peeta!

:D

Chapter 30

I stood there frozen, not knowing how to react.  A little bit to my right I heard a conversation going on between two of the wolves who came to help me, who had now turned into human form.  Unfortunately though I was too shocked by what Shawn had said to truly understand what was going on around me. 

I felt a hand come down on my shoulder, and quickly turns towards whomever the hand belonged to.  But when I saw the familiar hazel eyes, relief washed through me.  My heart beat started to slow and I pressed my head against Jackson’s side.  The adrenaline running throughout my body started to go away and I closed my eyes, letting myself just breathe in his scent and forget where I was for just a moment.

That moment didn’t last long though.  I could hear each and every breath of those around me and it brought me back to reality.

I looked over to where I had heard the conversation coming from and saw two men, as naked as everyone else hear.  One of them was in his mid-forties, while the other looked about 20.  Somehow, I knew the older man was the one who had told me to keep under control earlier, and I knew I could trust him.

And so I focused my thoughts towards him, hoping this communication would still work when one of us was in human form.  We need to get the injured inside and check them over.

Obviously he heard me because he gave me slight nod of his head.

He turned towards the group of people kneeling in front of me, still with their heads bent down.

“Your Alpha has instructed me to get take care of the injured.  So at this point you are to help me take them inside and treat their injuries.”

The group set into motion instantly, picking up those who were still alive and carrying them inside.  I was about to follow when another voice caught my attention.

“Riley?”  Mel called out from somewhere to my left.

I opened my eyes and turned my head to look at her.  She was covered in blood and immediately I felt guilt curse through me.  How could I have forgotten she’d been hurt by Carter?  She’d probably lost a lot of blood already, and would need medical attention.  I took a step towards her, but something in her eyes made me stop.

She looked… terrified.

I wanted to tell her that everything was alright now, that I wouldn’t hurt her, but I was still a wolf and it wasn’t possibly.

Thankfully Jackson seemed to understand.  “Mel, it’s okay.  I know this is a lot to take in, but its Riley.  She’s not going to hurt you.”

“It’s really her?” she asked in a hoarse voice. 

Jackson nodded his head with a small smile.  Mel closed her eyes and took a deep breath.  When she opened them again I saw there was no longer confusion in her eyes and her face was one of resolve.

She took confident steps towards me until she stood in front of both Jackson and eye.  She looked me straight in the eye.

“I’m sorry this happened to you Riley.”

I didn’t understand her comment at first.  Behind me someone shouted something, but I wasn’t paying attention.  Instead I was focused on the blade Mel had just pulled out from who knows where.

Without another word, Mel plunged the blade through my chest.