Chapter 23

Guess waht guys!!!!!!?????!!!!!  This story could be done by the end of the week!  But... that's up to you guys.  I'm not giong to update until I get 5 votes.  And that's not a lot, so I'm hoping the next chapter will be updated really soon!

Chapter 23

It took 6 hours to find a dress we both liked.  We ended up in Macy’s and once I saw the dress, I fell in love.  (A/N Okay, so I’m not going to explain how the dress looks, because I’m HORRIBLE at explain dressed.  So I’m going to put a picture up when the chapter about prom comes up.  Mel’s dress will be put up in this chapter, because once again I won’t be explaining how it looks.)

Mel finally decided on a dress, but only after I reminded her that next year would be our own prom, so she could come back next year for the other dress she couldn’t decide between.  Either way though, she’d look gorgeous.

After we’d finally picked out our dressed we’d walked through the city, in awe once again.  Since it was night, everything was lit up and it was beautiful.  We walked through Time Square, our eyes always looking up at the signs.

“Want to see a Broadway show tomorrow?” My mom asked us.

“Yes!” I yelled excitedly.  I’d always wanted to see a Broadway show…

We walked by a man who was talking fast and loud, although I wasn’t really sure what he was saying.  When we walked by him, he stepped in front of us and said, “Well hello pretty ladies.  Have you ever been seen a comedy act?”

“No,” Mel answered for us simply. 

“Well, here’s your chance!  I’m selling last minute tickets for a  show just a block away! $5!  Just $5!”

“Seriously?  Just five?” I asked.

“Yup, just five!”

My mom didn’t look impressed though.  “And what do we have to buy once we’re inside”

The man never stopped smiling.  “Just two items from the menu.”

“An expensive menu I’m sure,” my mom replied.

“The range is from $3 to $10, not that bad, right?”

“Oh come on, please mom?  It sounds cool!” I pleaded.

My mom sighed and bought the tickets.  Mel and I jumped eagerly like little kids.  “Thanks mom!”

The show was hilarious, and by the end Mel and I had tears in our eyes form laughing so hard.  By the time we left though it was almost midnight.

“We should head back to the hotel,” my mom told us.

“But… it’s New York City!  When are we going to have this chance again?!?”  I said dramatically.

“How about this summer?” my mom said.

I stopped in my tracks.  “Seriously?”

“Yes, if you want to.  But now we need to head back to the hotel, okay?”

The train ride back to the hotel was even worse than the train ride in.  There was a man two rows behind us throwing up in a bag and sneezing snot all over himself.  It was disgusting.

But by the time we got back to the hotel, we were all exhausted and fell asleep as soon as we hit our beds.

The next morning we woke up and went back to the city.  We went sight-seeing and saw “The Lion King” on Broadway.  It was a great day.

We didn’t get back home until 3 in the morning.  By then we were all exhausted again and Mel just stayed the night.  When my alarm went off on my phone for 4a.m. Mel groaned.  “Why the hell is you alarm set for so early Riley!”