Chapter 14

1) So I did a little editing to the letter Riley’s dad gave her, but all you guys have to know is saw Mark in a picture, never actually met him.

2)  I feel like I've been updating so much lately! I'm so proud of myself... :p Just thought you guys should know, lol

3) I've decided for Nina Dobrev to be Riley! She not exactly how i pictured Riley, but close enough I guess, there's a better pic on ch. 1 and ch. 2 has a pic of Jackson, who i've changed to Austin Butler :]

Chapter 14

I don’t know how long I sat on my bed, just staring at the letter.  Questions buzzed through m head at what felt like a hundred miles an hour.

Why would my mom have an affair? Who is this man, and how did my dad know him? Is this the reason I can turn into a wolf?

Sometime later, I heard my phone ring, but I didn’t feel like answering.  Then it rang again and I sighed, knowing it was Jackson.

And sure enough my screen said I had 2 missed calls from Jackson.

I know I promised him I’d see him later, but there was no way I could deal with a conversation about how he kissed me after reading this letter.

So, instead I sent him a quick text saying, I’m really sorry, but I can’t come over tonight.  We’ll talk tomorrow, promise.

Then I went to bed and spent hours trying to fall asleep, skipping doing perimeters around town for the first night.

***

I slept in late the next morning, and had to rush to get to school on time.  Thankfully, my mom decided she wanted to drive me today so I didn’t have to sit through an awkward car ride with Jackson.

“So, how about we go for permit test after school today?” she asked me as we were pulling into the school.

“Seriously!?!”

She laughed at my reaction and nodded her head.

“I would LOVE that.”

“Alright. I’ll pick you up at three.”

I jumped out of the car happily, a big smile on my face.  That lasted until I got to my locker and Jackson was there, leaning against it waiting for me.  I bit my lip, butterflies filling my stomach.

When I finally go in front of him, his eye were searching mine. 

“Hey,” I finally said, breaking the silence between us.

He hesitated before replying.  “Did something happen last night?”

I was about to say nothing happened.  I mean, did I really want people to know my mom cheated on my father and I was the product of that?  But then I remembered it was Jackson, and I could tell him anything.

“Um… sort of.  Well, actually, definitely, it’s just not something I want to talk about in school.”  I turned to my locker and put in the combination.

“Okay… well when do you want to talk?”

“Well, my mom’s taking me to get my permit test after school.  Do you want to come over for dinner?”

I shut my locker before he replied, and we started walking towards our classes.

“Yeah, I’d like that,” he said before walking into his classroom.

Okay, so that wasn’t too awkward, right?

Maybe the kiss won’t change anything, and we can just keep everything the way it’s been.  Well, the way it was before we started fighting at least.