Chapter 23

I was awoken by warm hands on my face and creaked my eyes open to see Calum standing above me. He had something white in his hands and he put it against my forehead before he turned off the lamp and left again, and I fell back asleep.

When I woke up again I needed to go to the bathroom, so I listened for noises and heard the television in the living room playing.

"Calum?" I called out and a few moments later he appeared in the doorway.

"Hey, you good?"

"Can you carry me to the bathroom again?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He said and came forward, flipping back my blanket and lifting me up.

He did the same thing he did yesterday and when I was done he began to carry me back to the bed.

"Wait, I want to go to the living room." I said and he turned around to carry me that way. I held my wrist to my chest to protect it and he laid me down on the sofa before getting a pillow to prop underneath my leg.

"I'll get you some ice for your arm." He said. "Do you want anything else?"

"Coffee?"

"Sure."

He left and I heard him moving things in the kitchen before he came back with two cups of coffee and then went back for the ice pack.

"Thanks." I said.

There wasn't anywhere else to sit so Calum sat on the ground in front of me after setting the ice pack on my wrist.

"You can sit up here and put my head in your lap." I suggested.

He then stood up and lifted my head so he could sit. I then laid my head in his lap, adjusting it so I was comfortable. And after a few minutes I felt his fingers begin to run through my hair.

I looked up at him with a smile and he looked down, a blush coming to his cheeks.

"This relaxes you, right?"

"Mhmm." I nodded, closing my eyes.

His fingers then brushed across my face and went back to my hair. The gesture was so sweet, and I finally let go of the anger I had been holding against him.

"Why did we ever breakup?" I mumbled and heard him laugh above me.

"Well, I believe it's because I royally pissed you off because I left you stranded on the side of the road overnight."

"Oh yeah." I said. "I overreacted."

"No, you had every right to be mad at me, and you were right about a lot of things."

"Like what?" I opened my eyes, him connecting our gazes.

"Like that I wasn't ready for a relationship, and that I needed to get my priorities together if I wanted to be in one."

"And now?"

"Now I've done some thinking and i'm ready for commitment."

"If you asked me out again i'd say yes."

"Okay, I think this medicine is making you loopy." He laughed.

"Probably." I smiled. "But if you wanted, you could ask me."

"Yeah?" He smiled in amusement at my high state.

"Mhmm. I miss kissing you."

"Alright, that's enough of this conversation." He laughed awkwardly and I closed my eyes again.