Chapter 8

The sun was shining and the birds were chirping as I woke up the next morning, the feeling of Calum's lips still on mine from last night.

After he had kissed me he had pulled away, his cheeks red but his eyes bright and smiling.

We had then said goodnight and I had walked inside my house, falling down on my sofa and squealing like a child on christmas morning.

Once Dawson had calmed me down enough, I went to sleep.

As I got ready for work I couldn't stop smiling, making myself look cute and pretty for when I saw Calum later today.

Dawson decided he needed to go back to New York so his absence wasn't suspicious and left after hugging me goodbye.

I finished getting dressed and then after eating breakfast, I got on my bike and rode to the corner store.

I was opening shop today so I was alone for ten minutes when suddenly the door burst open and I looked to see Kate walking in, a gigantic grin on her face.

"Tell. Me. Everything!" She jumped up onto the counter and I laughed.

"Well we went out to dinner and a movie and then went to have coffee, and he was really sweet and we had great talks. And then he kissed me goodnight."

"HE KISSED YOU?!" She shrieked and I covered my ears.

"Yes." I laughed. "He was really nervous so I told him to just kiss me on the cheek so he did and then I closed my door and he knocked and when I opened it he just leaned in and kissed me."

"So how was it?" She winked.

"Really good." I smiled bashfully. "When I opened the door he said he had to stop being a coward and then kissed me and oh my gosh Kate, I wanted to faint. It was perfect."

"So what are you two now? Are you talking, dating, boyfriend girlfriend?"

"I guess we are just seeing each other. He said he wanted to go on another date with me."

"Aw, i'm so happy for the both of you."

"Me too. I'm excited about this."

As our morning went on I kept looking at the door expecting Calum to walk in but he didn't, well not until after the lunch rush like normal.

When he came in he was laughing at something with Michael and then saw me, his smile widening.

I stepped around the counter to wait for him and when he approached he placed his hand on my arm and kept walking, leading me to the back store room.

We stepped inside and he closed the door behind us.

"What's this about?" I asked him.

"I didn't want to talk about us in front of Ashton." He said. "He's pretty mad at me."

"Oh." I said.

"But um, I decided to take tonight off and I was wondering if for our second date, you would want to come over and have dinner with me and the kids?"

"I like that idea." I smiled.

"It's not too much too soon?"

"No. I think it's perfect." I said and he nodded. "So last night..." I then smirked and placed my hands on his abdomen, feeling the cloth of his uniform between my fingers.

"I decided that I don't want to hold back anymore. I'm interested in you and attracted to you, and I want to pursue it and see where it leads, and I have to do that with no reservations."