Chapter 7: K O N G

Grace's POV:

"EVERYONE LOAD IT UP" I hear Packard yell as he struts in with his men side by side in formation. What an attention whore. I haul my duffle bag onto the deck and unzip it revealing my weapon belts. I haul two across my shoulder one carrying mass amounts of amo and the other carrying a lot of grenades. I slide two guns in my belt and one small knife in one of my pockets in my cargo pants. The two things that stand out are the two katanas in their black leather sheaths crossed on my back.

"Really?" I hear Conrad say getting boarded onto the helicopters

"Guns are more useful in far range combat. My katanas are far more useful in close hand to hand combat situation" I say getting into my helicopter as well.

"Whatever makes you feel better, Angel" he says smirking at me. That was until Mason somehow told the devil to move over and sit where he previously sat. She turned and winked at me before taking her camera out and take a picture of me. I look away blushing because I really don't like it when she takes photos of me.

"You look gorgeous, Grace" she reassures me as the helicopter starts to lift off the ground making it harder to hear.

"Thanks, babe!" I yell back knowing the looks I'm about to get from the other soldiers. Chapman just chuckles at me like how a dad would laugh at their rebellious kid and then we're off.

The storm was a brutal ride to get through. I look out to see lightning dancing amongst the clouds waiting to hit a target. I consciously touch my knife through the fabric of my pants hoping to stabilize my thoughts. I completely ignore the story that Packard was telling everyone to calm them down because I've already heard of the story and his voice is not that soothing.

We made it.

Everyone starts cheering. I can hear one of the helicopters starting to blast some music and I can't help but smile at the boys.

The landscape in-front of us was beautiful. No signs of pollution or war, gosh I can't remember seeing anything this peaceful in a while. Now let's start bombing it and make it a war zone. What can possibly gone wrong?

I can hear Houstons voice clearly on the communicators. Excitement in his voice as he talks about what the seismic charges were able to indicate.

This.......

This is too easy.......

We already got the information we needed with no problems. I ball my hands into fists on my lap until they turn white. Anxiety coursing through me as I think about the worst.

"What's wrong Ms. Barnes?" The pilot ask turning slightly to look at me. I look up to see something heading towards us.

"LOOK OUT" I scream as I brace myself for cover. Some long object seems to have pierced through the center of the helicopter dividing the helicopter into two.

"BRACE YOURSELVES" I hear chapman scream

I look up to see what was going on. Only to meet the eyes of a beast. Our helicopter plummeting faster and faster towards the ground. The heavy heartbeats of the fellow soldiers in our helicopter beating to the rapid rhythm of slumber.

We crash.

Author's Note:

Btw, Chapter 8 is going to be a long one so brace yourselves as well