Chapter 7 Telling Rosemary the truth?

Erza POV

       Me, Julian, and Rosemary were on our way to the guild because Rose wanted some strawberry cake, and I'm not gonna lie I also wanted some, and of course Julian wanted some.

"Mira! Mira! Mira! Strawberry cake pleaseee!!"

"hehe of course little Rose, one strawberry cake coming right up!"

"Mommy...can I ask you a question?"

"Of course Rosemary, what is it?"

"Well I've been thinking recently, but I wanted to ask...where's my daddy?"

As Rosemary said those words, my heart froze. What was I suppose to say to her? That her father has been gone for over 10 years? Come on Erza think. 

"He's gone Rose, and he isn't coming back." Said Julian very harshly and coldly.

"What?! Why not? Mommy is big brother right?"

I could just hear the sadness in her voice as she said that.

"No Rose of course your father is coming back, he's just been very busy on a job."

"Oh come on mom! You've been telling that same story years. Just face it, he is NEVER coming back! And I'm sick and tired of him, first he wasn't even here for me or rose's birth, he never gave us any sign that he still cares about us, and what's worse is that he never writes a letter to any of us. So let's just forget about him, I'm the man of the house now and I promise I'm going to do everything in my power to protect the two of you." Said Julian

And after Julian said that he stormed out the guild doors. But a part of me thinks that Julian is right, I mean what if something really did happen to Jellal? No! I love him so much and he promised me he was going to come back to us no matter how long he was going to take. And I believe him.

"Hey Erza, I'm gonna go out there to comfort Julian."

"Umm..I'm not sure about that Emma."

"Don't worry, I'm his best friend." She said giving me a wink.

"Ok then, you may go."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julian POV

     My father is such a horrible human being, he hasn't been around not once for my entire life and now he won't even be apart of Rose's life now, and I really don't want her to go through that. And as much as I want to avoid this, I just can't, the only thing I can do is to protect them. 

As I was thinking all of this to myself I had heard some footsteps coming closer to me, and it was of course, my best friend Emma Redfox.

"Emma...is there something wrong?" I asked not making any eye contact with her

"Well I should be asking you that. Why did you say those about your father? Especially in front of Rosemary, she's only 5 years old."

"It's because she deserves to know the truth and y mother shouldn't wait 10 years to tell her about our father. But I really wouldn't expect you to understand anyways."

"And why wouldn't I understand? Huh Julian?"

"Are you serious Emma?! You actually have a father whose home every night with his kids. He doesn't bail on you for over 10 years!" I said taking my anger out.

"You really just don't get it do you Julian? Everyone's parents didn't even have a parent growing up. They were all abandoned as kids and had no one to look up to, that's when they all came to fairy tail. Fairy tail is our family, just be lucky you actually have a parent who's here for you. I mean I'm sure Erza told you about the story of her parents. Of how her father tried to kill her while her mother was pregnant with her and then when she was born she was abandoned by her mother. So yeah your fathers not here, boohoo the world is ending. Just be happy you have a caring mother and a loving sister and awesome friends here at fairy tail. So please...quite all your suffering and come join me for some strawberry cake."

"Wow...I-I never really thought about it that way. Your right Emma, I should focus on all the things I have now and not about the things I don't have in my life right now. So I'll come with you...only because you mentioned strawberry cake." I smiled at her

"Yeah yeah whatever, and you should probably apologize to your mother and your sister of what you said earlier.'

"Yeah your right, thank you so much Emma." I said as I stopped in front of her and then gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"J-Julian!" She said madly blushing.

"I'm sorry Em, guess I couldn't help myself." I said giving out a fake laugh.

"Baka! Let's just hurry and get inside already."

"Whatever you say Em." I said winking at her.

Now I will admit that I really didn't like this chapter, and it seems pretty short. but yeah, sorry its taking time to update, i've been pretty busy lately. Lol. Anyways, see ya next chapter!