𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄'𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐃

────── ★★★ ──────

No one said a word as they stared at where Emma once stood. They were still shocked after watching the Swan woman disappear into the darkness. And if they were being honest, no one was prepared to break the silence. All that was left in the Savior's place was the Dark One dagger with her name neatly written in the center. It wasn't long before Everly found herself looking over at Killian, who failed to hide all the emotions he was feeling. She wanted nothing more than to pull him into a hug to try and take the pain away, but she knew that wouldn't help. And then there were her parents. They were staring at the dagger with expressionless looks on their faces, as if they didn't know how to feel.

What felt like an eternity passed before Regina finally took a step forward and broke the silence surrounding them. "How could she be so stupid?! There had to be another way!"

"There wasn't," Mary Margaret declared, drawing all attention toward her as a single tear ran down her cheek, "that thing was going to kill you. She saved your life."

"Don't you think I know that?" the Mills woman scoffed without even attempting to hide the annoyance in her voice.

It wasn't long after that when Henry sprinted toward them, only for him to come to a sudden stop next to Everly. He just stared at the Dark One dagger with wide eyes before opening his mouth to speak. "And now she's the...Dark One."

"Now she's a problem for all of us," the former Evil Queen corrected without taking her eyes off the dagger

"She's still good," Everly muttered under her breath just loud enough for them to hear.

"I hope so. It's not like she rode off on a unicorn," Regina retaliated before finally turning to face everyone standing behind her, "she got sucked up by a vortex of evil!"

"Where is she? Where's she gone?" Robin asked while the Mills woman walked past him to take a moment to gather her thoughts.

"Doesn't bloody matter," Killian declared as he walked toward the Dark One dagger.

The Hood man didn't hesitate to step forward and grab Killian's shoulder to stop him. "Mate, don't-"

"Get out of my way!" Killian exclaimed after shaking the Merry man off and looking at him with fire in his eyes. Robin just stared at the pirate captain for a moment before backing away, allowing Killian to continue toward the dagger. Everly's break seemed to get caught in her throat as she watched the Jones man pick up the dagger and hold it out in front of him.