𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐒𝐈𝐗 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎

Despite just setting foot in Camelot not even ten minutes ago, Everly was still surprised they hadn't seen Harry yet. She and Sam had been on edge since they started their journey. Neither planned nor wanted to see the Bensen boy again, yet here they were standing in the very place they sent him. There was no doubt in Everly's mind that he was going to want revenge for what they did to him. If she were being honest, the Jones girl didn't blame him. And that alone was enough to make her doubt the decision she made three years ago.

Trumpets cut through the air as the heroes approached the large stone staircase in front of them. Two lines of knights stood on the edge of the path with their instruments held high. Everly had never seen anything like this before. And if she wasn't on edge, she would've enjoyed it a lot more. It wasn't long before they stopped a few feet away from the bottom of the staircase as Arthur descended to join them.

"His Royal Highness, King Arthur."

"And now, allow me to introduce the loveliest creature in all of Camelot," Arthur told them before turning back to the stairs and raising a hand in the air, "my Queen, Guinevere."

Not even a second after that passed when a brunette woman wearing a dark pink dress began walking down the stairs. Everyone watched her in awe as she made her way toward Arthur and took her place by his side. It wasn't long before everyone was respectfully bowing to her, causing the smile on her face to slightly grow.

"The pleasure is ours," Guinevere said as she took the King's hand into her own, "we have been awaiting your arrival from the moment we heard Merlin's prophecy."

"Well, we hope you haven't been waiting too long," David responded while looking between the Camelot Royals.

"Oh, only a decade or so," Arthur told them with a playful smirk on his face, earning a laugh from the Nolan man, "I'll wager it's been worth the wait. And as a bonus, it's given us more than enough time to prepare a ball in your honor tonight."

"A ball!" Katherine gasped before looking over at Everly and Sam with a large grin on her face, "I've never been to one before!"

The Jones siblings quietly laughed at her reaction. It wasn't long after that their attention was drawn back to the conversation when Killian began speaking. "Your Majesty. When are we gonna start our quest to find Merlin?"