𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

────── ★★★ ──────

After Emma was sure that Merida understood her part in the Dark One's plan, the sisters arrived back at the Swan woman's house. They were barely there for a few minutes when they made their way into the basement. Emma led the way while Everly followed close behind with a plate of food for Rumplestiltskin in her hands. The Jones girl felt emotionless as her sister led her further into the stone room before they stopped in front of Excalibur.

"Better eat up," Emma said while gesturing for Everly to continue walking. She didn't argue as she took a few steps forward and placed the plate on a stool near him. Not even a second after that passed when the Dark One waved her hand through the air, releasing Rumplestiltskin from his bindings. Emma studied him for a moment before continuing to speak. "You need your strength if you're gonna remove this sword."

The former Dark One just stared at the now loose ropes before brushing them off his arms as if they were bugs on his sleeves. It wasn't long after that when he looked up at Emma. "I, uh, I won't be able to do that. You should really just let me go. Please. I need to see Belle."

"You're not going anywhere until you get me my sword," Emma responded while crossing her arms over her chest and leaning on the hilt of Excalibur.

"Well, you have so much power, why do you need Excalibur?"

"I could ask you the same thing about Katherine," Everly hissed before her sister shot her a look, causing the former to fall silent.

Emma just stared at the Jones girl for another moment before turning her attention back to Rumpelstiltskin. "Tell me, when you were the Dark One, did you advertise your plans?"

"My plans were always hidden, but my reasons were not," the former Dark One admitted with a look in his eyes that made it seem like he was reliving thousands of memories, "every time I used magic, I told myself it was all for my son. To protect him."

Despite wanting to hear the rest of their conversation, Everly's attention shifted to her chest. Confusion flowed through her veins when she felt a small pain where her heart should be. It felt as though someone was trying to get her attention.

"How does this work?" Everly's eyes widened after hearing the familiar voice ringing in her ears. It was Sam. "Do you just talk into it?"

The Jones girl's thoughts were bouncing off the walls of her head. It wasn't long after that when she glanced over at Emma without thinking. She usually kept Everly's heart with her at all times, not wanting to give anyone the chance to steal it. So how did Sam get his hands on it?