15

Kian

I waited for her after school like i usually did, it felt weird with me trying to get back in routine. I hadnt ever seen her smile so bright, she looked so happy. I felt awful for just leaving her but it all felt right at the time. I wanted to tell her everything, and i wanted to text her and tell her i was okay. I was too scared to risk myself, so i left my favorite girl alone in her own pit of misery. I felt like i was drowning without her, she kept me a float but i left.

"I love you too much." I said as i wrapped my arm around her neck.

"You have told me that every single time you have seen me today." She was suspicious, but I wanted to make up for all the time i had missed. "Are you okay? Did you do something?" I laughed at her multiple questions that were rapidly rolling off her lips.

"I just wanna make up for the time i missed. I wanna make up for all the times i didn't tell you that i loved you." She nodded as her eyes watched her feet. She kept our fingers locked together as she ran her thumb over mine. "Do you want me to climb up the tree?" i asked as i could see her street sign coming into view.

"My dad moved me to the basement, there is no way you can sneak in anymore." I groaned as she chuckled. "Good try though." She had a small smile smacked on her lips. "He took a lot of safety precautions." i nodded as i tried to think.

"Did you ever forgive him? I know you were pretty pissed at him before i left." She shrugged as her smile fell.

"I talked to him today, and he gave me a hug." I softly smiled as did she. She ran the memory through her brain as she stared at the ground. "I put him through hell Kian all because he put me through hell. I thought it was fair at first, but it was anything but. He wanted me to be safe and i didn't realize that until after you left. I am still mad at the fact that he was just gonna pull us apart no matter how happy you made me." I nodded as i shoved my hands inside my pockets.

"At least you realized that it was for your own safety. I didn't want to pull you from your dad or your brother, i would've hated myself more than I already do." She got quiet on me as we came to her street sign. "I will walk you to your house." Her eyes got big as if she was scared. I was defiantly scared as that night flashed through my head. "Its okay, it will be okay." she nodded as she took her hand inside of mine. She kept a tight grip on me as she walked really close.

We walked down the street to her house in panic, but it was okay. I stepped onto her porch with an abnormal amount of anxiety filling my body. She quickly kissed me before she started to push me off the porch. "Go before he comes out here." I shook my head.

I brought my hand to meet the door as her eyes grew wide again. "It will be okay." we both took a deep breath as the front door swung open. "Good afternoon Mr. Dietz!" I said as i held my hand out for him, he shook my hand. "Can we talk?" He nodded as he welcomed me into the house.

"Zoe, go downstairs." He ordered her as she nodded. She looked back at me with a scared face, she didn't look at me long before she disappeared. "What do you need Mr. Lawley?" He said as we both sank into chairs opposite of each other.

"I know you don't like me, sir. I am very sorry that i lied to you. I knew what you wanted for your daughter, and i also knew that i was not it. I love Zoe, sir, i would never intentionally hurt her. She is my best friend and to be honest with you she is the love of my life. " He took a deep breath in. "Please hear me out, I want to be with your daughter. I want to be her husband, and one day the father of her children. I do not want a temporary relationship with her, i want a forever with her. I want to be the one she runs to when times are rough, or when she has amazing news. I want to be her one and only. I don't want to sneak around behind your back like before, I want her to be mine. I promise you that i will always treat her like the princess she is, and i will not let her tiara fall." He nodded as my words sank into his skin.

"I believe you Kian. " he took another deep breath in which worried me. "Once you left, i had never seen Zoe so upset. She wouldn't sleep or eat, i was worried about her health. She wouldn't smile, and i didn't get why. I didn't understand that i had ripped the love of her life away from her, but i realized that this morning. I looked into her eyes and i seen a broken mess. You made her whole and truth be told i was afraid of that. You looked like such a bad kid and i wanted to guard her heart. I didn't realize that you were also guarding her heart. " He smiled at me. "I want you to date Zoe. I want you to keep my daughter happy. " I jumped up with a bright smile on my face. I hugged him as he hugged me back.

"Thank you sir!" I said as i pulled my body away from his. "I promise you that she will always be safe with me." He smiled and nodded at me.

"Oh, she better be. You do not want a repeat of the other night, do you Mr. Lawley?" I swallowed harshly as i shook my head. "Then i suggest you keep her happy. She is my little girl and i will always protect her." I nodded with a small smile on my face.

"Thank you dad!" Zoe yelled as she ran into his arms. She kissed his cheek before she pulled herself to me.

"Did you listen to everything?" He asked her as she nodded with a cheesy smile on her lips. "You have a good guy." She looked up at me as i nodded to both of them. "You, Mr. Lawley, have an amazing girl." I laughed.

"Trust me, sir, i know." I kissed the top of her head as i pulled her small frame closer to my large frame. "If you don't mind, i would like to take this amazing girl out to eat." He nodded as we started walking to the front door.

"Zoe, i will move your stuff back upstairs into your old room. " She nodded at him as we moved closer to the front door. "Kian, you better get use to using the front door." I nodded as we all laughed. My cheeks were a little red, but i was so excited about this nothing could embarrass me.