12

Kian

I felt my feet slamming against the pavement as I ran away from her house, I was too afraid to look back. My breaths were fast as I tried to maintain my speed. My chest felt like it was collapsing on me. My heart was racing inside my chest. I felt like my heart was about to explode, I was pushing my self too hard. I finally looked back and her house was no where in sight, I slowly down. I placed my hands on my knees as I tried to catch my breath. I ran my fingers through my hair as I started to walk farther away from her.

1 hour earlier....

I shoved my hands inside my pockets as I walked to Zoe's house. I had to leave school early so I didn't have the option of walking her home, but I made a promise that I would come and see her. I seen her house in view so I started to looked around for her dad or her brother, it was clear. I ran around the back of the house as I ducked below the windows. I crawled up into the tree being cautious of every branch that I set my foot on. There was a small ledge outside of her window that I rested on until she opened the window.

"Hello handsome." She said as she quickly opened the window. I quietly climbed inside of her room, she smiled before she wrapped her arms around my body. "Thank you for coming." she kissed my cheek.

"Are they home?" I whispered as I took a seat on her bed.

"Sam isn't, but dad is downstairs in his office." I nodded as I laid back. She laid on top of me as I wrapped my arms around her.

She straddled my chest as she ran her fingers in different patterns, my hands rested on her hips. She leaned down and pressed her lips against mine, I raised up in efforts to hold her closer me. I pulled her hips to mine multiple times. She ran her fingers through my hair. "I want you Zoe." I said as I broke the kiss. She smiled at me before she kissed me again. I flipped her to where she was under me.

"Zoe!" I heard her dad yell before he started up the stairs. "Do you happened to kno-" He stopped when he opened the door. He seen me trying to get back out the window. My eyes grew wide when I seen the color of his face. "What is he doing here?" He yelled at Zoe before he started towards me. I fell out of the window in panic.

The sky started to spin after I opened my eyes. I felt a large amount of pain shoot through my body. I slowly pulled myself off the ground as I tried to minimize the amount of pain. "Get back here!" Heard her dad yell as the front door slam. I didn't waste any time as I started to run down the street. "Come back here." he yelled before I heard a gun fire into the air.

I stumbled on the pavement as my body jerked in fear. I barely looked back as I see a pistol up in the air. "Dad! Stop!" Zoe screamed as she tried to take the gun from his hand. "Stay the hell away from my daughter." I pulled myself off the pavement as I began to run again.

I felt my feet slamming against the pavement as I ran away from her house, I was too afraid to look back. My breaths were fast as I tried to maintain my speed. My chest felt like it was collapsing on me. My heart was racing inside my chest. I felt like my whole was about to explode, I was pushing my self too hard. I finally looked back and her house was no where in sight, I slowly down. I placed my hands on my knees as I tried to catch my breath. I ran my fingers through my hair as I started to walk farther away from her.

***

"You have to do something Mom." I said as I followed her into the kitchen. "I am not safe anymore, that's a known fact." She propped herself up against the counter.

"Pack a bag." She ordered me. "I will sign you out of school, you can go somewhere for a little while." She said as she poured her self a glass of water. "I don't know what else you could do Kian. That's all I can think of." She said as she took a drink.

"What about Zoe?" I asked as I leaned up against the door frame. She shrugged. "I cant just leave her, she's my everything."

"Is she not the reason that you are in this mess?" she asked sarcastically. "I can not constantly save your butt. You can leave her for a little bit it will not kill you." She laid the glass in the sink as she walked closer to me. "She will be okay Kian, you will see her again soon." she smiled at me before she wrapped me tightly inside her arms. "Get out of here Kian." She half smiled as she walked out of the kitchen.

I ran into my room as I began throwing clothes into my bags. I didn't want to leave my family or Zoe, but that was my only option right now. I was not going to jail for loving her. That would be stupid. I would come back for her, but as of now my mom was right. I needed to let things die down, then I could come back to her.I had my bags packed. I looked at my mom as she sank down into the couch. "I will call you when I get wherever. I love you bunches." I said as I wrapped her in my arms. I kissed the top of her head for comfort.

"Take this." She said as she handed me a wad of cash from her purse. "That's $350. That should be enough or at least close to enough for a hotel room for a couple of days." I hugged her again. "I love you even more bunches." I grabbed my bags before I started to my car.

"Goodbye." I whispered to my house as I crawled in the drivers side seat of my car. I already regretted leaving Zoe, but staying here wasn't a good idea. She would be okay for a couple of days, she would be okay. I would be okay with out for a couple of days. I can make it without her, maybe.