Chapter 25

"Knock knock," Jack said, knocking on the door, and I opened it up to see him standing with a bouquet of flowers and a huge smile on his face.

"I there," I said, gesturing him inside.

"Happy anniversary," he said, handing me the flowers, and I smiled even bigger before quickly thanking him.

I still had no recollection of any of our anniversaries, but Jack and I didn't see that as an excuse to miss our third one together, so we'd made plans to celebrate today. Granted, we weren't doing much, but since Joe was out in meetings all day we decided to take a day off from lessons and just have a lazy day to snuggle and watch movies.

"My pretty lady," he said, closing the door behind him and giving me a kiss.

"I made popcorn and there's cookies on the coffee table by the couch," I said. "I've got some stuff for lunch and dinner later."

"You're too good to me," he said, taking a seat on the couch, and I sat next to him. "But I'm afraid something's come up and we're going to need to cut this short."

"What's come up?" I asked. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's great," he said. "It's just... I've got a surprise for you."

"What kind of surprise?" I asked.

"Well you remember the plans that we'd originally had?" he asked, and I nodded. "We were going to Hawaii."

"Yeah, I remember, and then everything fell through with the accident, and I wasn't technically supposed to be traveling." I said.

"Well yes, but after arranging a meeting with your doctor he told me a few days ago that you actually are well enough to travel." he said. "So I've been left with two plane tickets and a girl who's finally well enough to travel again. So then I talked to Joe who agreed that maybe a trip would be good for you, and well..."

He pulled the two tickets out of his pocket, handing them to me. London Heathrow Airport to Honolulu International Airport.

"When do we..." I asked, and he smiled. 

"Tonight. We can head in as soon as you finish packing," he said with a smile, and my face lit up as I leaned forward, hugging him as hard as I can.

"Thank you thank you thank you." I said, and he laughed, kissing the top of my head.

"Go pack your things, silly," he said. "we've got a flight to catch."

Packing my things didn't take long. Jack helped me anyway that he could, and in no time all of my summery clothes that I owned (which weren't many because England doesn't ever really get super warm) were packed away in the suitcase, and we were headed to the airport.

I've always loved traveling by airplane whenever I got the chance, but what I hadn't been told from lessons was that Jack was somebody who didn't quite enjoy takeoff and landing. Both involved him gripping my hands as tight as he could and hiding his face in my shoulder. However, as soon as we'd gotten into the air he was back to normal.

It was around nine at night when we arrived in Honolulu, which was perfect for Jack to break into Panic! At the Disco song lyrics as we stepped off the plane, which I did enjoy immensely. Since neither of us were used to driving on the other side of the road, we had opted for a taxi rather than a rental car, and had gotten to our resort about an hour or so later.

And let me tell you.

The resort.

The resort.

I couldn't see all of it because of how dark it was outside, but from what I could see, it was absolutely beautiful. The beach came right up to the side of the property, as well as multiple pools and hot tubs everywhere, and it all just looked amazing. I couldn't believe Jack had done all of this for me.

"And here's our room," Jack said, sliding the key card into the door and opening it to reveal our suite. It was a big living area with doors leading off to the bathroom, our bedroom, and even a deck where we'd had our own personal hot tub on the balcony. "What do you think?"

"Jack, this is amazing," I said, wandering out towards the balcony and watching the water. "I don't even know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything," he said, kissing me on the cheek. "We can get up and watch the sunrise, or we can save that for another day, because you look like you're about to pass out, so I think you're going to need all of the sleep you can get."

"Yeah," I nodded, "I am pretty tired. I got a couple of hours of sleep on the plane, but I've never been able to sleep very well on them."

"Let's go to bed then," he said, "and we can go eat and have fun when we wake up."

"I just wanna get out of these flight clothes," I said, pulling off my shirt and sweatpants, leaving me in my bra and underwear. "But I'm too tired to get on my other pajamas."

"It's okay," he said. "You can sleep just like that, you know. I'll sleep in my boxers too. Okay?"

"Okay," I said tiredly, climbing in bed and curling up. 

"Jet lag's going to be such a pain in the ass for you," he said with a smirk, climbing into bed next to me and wrapping his arms around me. I nodded. "Goodnight, princess."

"Goodnight," I said, "I love you."

"I love you too,"