Tris

A/N: Hi guys! So today's my birthday (ugh) and the stupid weather is screwing it up. I hate birthdays. I hate them. Not to mention mine's in the middle of winter and the snow and crap always screws it up...

Also, to any VA fans that are waiting for me to finish Last Sacrifice, sorry but it may take a while, since I'm working on my own book that I'd like to be finished the first draft of by at least June.

Anyway, on with the story.

I don't think you know just how much I hate school. Even without Peter, I still hate it.

We have this new teacher, who told us just to call him David. Apparently he knew my mom? I don't know. And he has a sort-of permanent student teacher, who's only a few years older than us. His name is Matthew, and he only lets us call him that.  I don't think Four likes him very much, which just makes our science class that much funnier.

Christina and I are lab partners. There could only be one group of three, and so Marlene, Lynn, and Shauna are that group. I'm not sure if David likes them or not- he seems pretty irritated to me.

Science is the only class I have with everyone else. The fact that Marlene takes two languages and drama doesn't help. Christina and Lynn are taking mostly business classes. And then you have Shauna, who's taking mostly health-related classes. As far as I know with the guys, they're doing all "protective services". They had no room in this year's classes for me, so I'm stuck with some other courses. Just random "whatevers" that I threw together.

I check my schedule. Science was first period, that means I have...ugh. Honors Calculus next. I hate math. Too many numbers and letters.

Two someones sling their arms around me, and I don't need to look to see that it's the Pedrad brothers. "Hey, Trissy. Where're you going next?" Zeke greets me, leaning over to look at my schedule.

I laugh. "Calculus. You?"

Zeke makes a face. "Spanish."

Uriah sticks his tongue out. "Gym."

I roll my eyes at them. "Does anyone else have Calculus with me this period?"

Zeke checks the teacher's name. "With Matthews? Four does. Good luck with that teacher. I heard she's horrible."

I groan. "God, I hate high school."

/\/\/\/\/\/\

It turns out Zeke was right- Mrs. Matthews is probably the worst teacher ever. Not to mention her favorite students are the stuck up assholes that think they're all that just because they wear glasses and think they know it all. Like news flash, dumbass- you're not that smart.

Four bumps into me on the way out of the room. "I couldn't get out of there fast enough." He mutters. "Is it too late to change my schedule?"

"Probably." I reply. "That's the problem with being extremely smart."

He laughs. "You're fooling yourself if you think I'm incredibly smart."

"Aren't you in all Honors?"

He shrugs it off. "I test well."

"That means nothing."

I check my schedule. "I've gotta go. I have LIterature on the other side of the building."

He chuckles. "Have fun with that." I smile and start to hurry off. "Oh and Tris?"

I spin around. "Yeah?"

He gives me a half smile. The exact same one that made me fall for him two years ago. The same one that is trying to make me fall for him again. "See you at lunch."

I turn around before he can see the dorky grin on my face. Maybe senior year won't be so bad after all.