: 03 :

Chapter 3 : First Shift

I am broken inside.

I am losing my faith.

I can't find my dreams.

I have too many problems.

I want to go home, but nobody’s home.

I am rejected.

 Getting lost in my own thoughts is what I seem to be doing nowadays.

As I walk, I feel a sharp pain in my legs and arms. Oh no! I’m shifting.

≫≫≫≫≫ About 5 – 7 minutes ≪≪≪≪≪

I look on the ground and I am on 4 paws. The color of my fur is pure white from what I can tell.

“Shift.” A man says. I look at him confused because this was my first time shifting. He must have realized it and told me to imagine myself as a human and took off his shirt.  After about 5 minutes, I shifted.

“Thank you for the shirt and guidance.” I say when the shirt is on me.

“Are you a rouge?” he asks.

“No . . . well, yes . . . I don’t really know. My mate rejected me and I was bullied and abused by my family and pack so I ran away.”

“Did you know that you're a pure white wolf?”

“I noticed my paw was pure white.”

“I am not a hunter or a rouge so I will not kill you. My name is Ethan Roberts and I am alpha of the Pure Elite pack.  Since you are a white wolf you need to take the test of becoming one of us. You might have special powers.”

Powers? That would be amazing, but I'm not amazing . . . I agree with him and go with him to his pack house, which, by the way, is HUGE!

“There are three trials.” he begins, “The first trial is to prick your finger with silver. I don’t want you to slice your hand with silver because if you didn’t have powers then that would hurt. If the silver needle doesn’t hurt then use a silver knife. The second trial is to take one teaspoon of Wolfsbane. If it has any effect on you, then we will know that you do not have powers and give you an antidote to remove the Wolfsbane from your system.  The third trial only used if you pass the first 2 trials.  If you do pass them, I will tell you what the last trial is.” He finished. Ethan gave me a silver needle and I pricked myself with it.

It. Didn’t. Hurt.

I sliced my hand with the knife.

It. Didn’t. Hurt.

Since I was a werewolf, the healing process was quick. “Whoa.” I say in awe. Ethan gives me a syringe with Wolfsbane and I inject it into me. 

“Do you feel any different?” he asks. I shake my head no.

“Well, I guess you qualify for the third trial.” Ethan says.

VOTE  COMMENT  FAN