Chapter Four: The Dance

(two days later)

"That was the worst meeting ever," I concurred walking out of the school.

"Agreed," Taylor inquired. "But the snacks were good."

"Yeah. Dido to that," Toby added. I glanced at him and noticed the three cookies and juice boxes in his hands. I rolled my eyes.

"Fatty."

"Hey!"

Taylor and I laughed.

"Olivia!" someone called. I turned around and saw Maria jogging over to me with a few other Royals following.

"Yes?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I think we can all agree that meeting was a failure," Maria began. I nodded my head.

Glad to see we can agree on something, I thought.

"You think you could organize another meeting without the parents? I have a feeling they were the biggest issue."

"I agree," I said. I thought for a moment. "Well, the only time we can meet without family and have enough time would be on Wednesdays during activity period and sixth period, but that'll be in six days."

"So?" Amia qeuired.

"So," I asserted. "we need to get started right away. We're supposed to get the information soon and I want us to at least have a rough idea of what we want to do by then."

"What's six days gonna do to us?"

"Kill us."

"Who put you in charge?" Amia commanded.

"Well, someone's gotta do it. Someone good, preferably."

"You think you can take this all? You think you could do this?" Amia stepped closer to me. I could see Denver and Kasey standing off to the side watching. "You think you can write a musical?"

I glanced Denver. He was smirking. "I think I can do a better job than you."

The Royals gaped at me.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Maria. "I'll see if I can set something up on Monday."

With that, I walked to Toby's van.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Good," Matthew, our visual instructor, commented. "Do it again."

Tommy and I reset to our openings positions. Matthew counted us off and we began our dance. I ran to Tommy with my hands out. He caught them and spun me around until I was being held tightly in his arms. He dipped me then brought me back up into a hug. We paused there, waiting for comments from Matthew.

"That was better," he said. "Remember that you need to show more emotion. Tommy, look desperate to have her in your arms. Olivia, look desperate to be near him. Just be madly in love with each other is what I'm saying."

Someone called Matthew. "Run it again," he told us and walked off.

Sighing, I reset.

"Hey," Tommy walked over to me. "you good?"

"I'm fine," I assured him. "I just want to see Eliza. She knows how to handle this stuff better than my parents."

"Am I not good enough?" he asked with mock hurt.

"Eh, you could be better," I teased.

"Wow, thanks."

"Reset, you moron."