Chapter 3

Nalini's P.O.V

I just finished tuition I'm walking home with another friend of mine, her name is Davini. She is sweet and relatable and a good person in general.

"That wasn't too bad, not like usual. I guess."

"Yeah that tuition class was easy, probably because that was the last one. Yay!"

She laughs nodding as we continue to walk and she suddenly stops gasping clutching onto her headphones. I bump into her with a muffled 'mmph'.

"Oh my god! I love this song so much! They are such blessings!"

I laugh lightly and we continue walking. Oh Davini, she absolutely loves listening to music and says the most comedic things.

We soon have to separate our individual ways and I wave bye to her and I walk to the right.

I look around hearing all the different sounds around me and the different smells getting inhaled by my nose. My senses are tingling right now, like usual.

This is why I love walking home, my dad usually drives me to school or I very occasionally take the ugh, very crowded college bus.

I glance at the several stalls set up along the side of the road and the spices coming off them or as I scrunch my nose up as the strong smell of fresh fish invades the scent.

I walk past a traffic junction, turning left on to a slightly quieter street, I hear the profanity and curses being yelled out by the drivers.

I also see that the traffic police are having a hard time directing traffic, getting equally agitated. I flinch as a whole symphony of horns and beeps go off in impatience.

I quickly walk faster, getting a bit sweaty from the heat and a little intimidated from all the traffic. Anyway, I still love my country no matter how obnoxious it is!

I suddenly feel whizz of air right past me and a horn sound which startles me. I look at the vehicle, ooh it's a Motorcycle! I absolutely love motorcycles! I would love to feel the exhilaration and wind on my face as my shawl flaps behind me in the wind! Oh wow!

I look at the driver of the motorcycle and his passenger. Wait, Vishal and some other random boy? Ugh. I'm leaving immediately then. I pick up the pace of walking.

I can't help but look at that sleek black motorcycle with its rear mirrors reflecting my face. I sigh..oh if only I could ride one..

I hear a cough and I look up seeing Vishal glaring but then he rolls his eyes.

"Hey aren't you the girl from yesterday?"

I get a 'ding' from my phone and look at my phone ignoring him.

Dad- You still haven't arrived home? You're two minutes late. Where are you?

My eyes widen and my heart races like it's on fire. Oh. My. God. No. I'm so dead.

"Uh hey I asked you a-"

I take off running not taking note of Vishal and sprint fast to my house holding onto my books and my bag for dear life. Oh no, my mum and dad are going to chop me into pieces. Even if I'm only two minutes late.

I reach home, extremely out of breath and take off my shoes throwing them out on to the front steps messing up the arrangement of the other shoes and walk in huffing.