Chapter 29

The Next Day...

Nalini's P.O.V

I stretch as I finally get into my favourite chudithar, which is a beautiful light blue embroidered design with some black leggings. They're so comfortable!

I go and have some early dinner since I've made it and I'm hungry then wash up, then come back to the bedroom and sit on the bed.

I came back half an hour ago from my morning duty at the hospital and I personally I was looking forward to coming back as well. Rohan is going to tell me openly about his life, that for which he has kept for a secret so long. I know it's probably very sad but still as his wife it's an amazing opportunity.

I get my laptop off from the charger and decide to check up on my recent patient profiles and then become bored after 10 minutes. Hmm...what could I do? Rohan's coming back within an hour or something like that.

Oooh, I do like looking at clothes online which are probably too expensive to buy at the moment but still nice to look at? Is that just me? Probably.

I go look at my recent favourite company for some lovely anarkilis, half-sarees, and normal silk sarees. Anushka and Glam, have amazing clothes I always love going to their stores as well as their partnership store Desi stores!

(Not so subtle hints 😂- Comment if you know where this is from! I'd really love that!)

I look at a particular darkish pink and gold bordered sari which catches my eye, it looks amazing and it's not that expensive, it's about 2,632 rupees. Hmm, maybe I'll go shopping later next month when I get my pay, or...wait!

Rohan's birthday! I'll buy a sari to wear for the occasion, it does seem appropriate since, I've heard the saying, 'every Indian man likes a woman in a sari'.

So yeah! I usually shop in store however I'll create a shopping account on the Anushka and Glam website and add it to my basket. So I do. There now I can pay for it later!

My heart begins to beat as I think about Rohan. I picture his gorgeous brown eyes piercing into my own. My mouth pulls up into a small smile, am I starting to really..really like him?! Even after all he's done!? Maybe it's just because he's my husband and I have to..yeah that's probably it.

His ruffled black luscious hair and his handsome face make an appearance in my head and I smack my forehead getting it out. Ahh! Stop Nalini! Don't do this! I feel weird and embarrassed. What's he done to me!?

I suddenly hear the door open, gently for the absolute first time and I grin getting up pushing my braid behind me and walking out of the bedroom and downstair, collecting his lunch bag.

"Hello, Rohan.."

He looks at me with a nervous look and sighs before speaking, "Hey, Nalini..how was your duty?"

I smile as I talk about an elderly woman patient who was really grumpy, but made me laugh at the end due to her grumpy attitude.

"How about you Rohan?"

"Eh, normal. Nothing outstanding."

I get increasingly worried as his voice sounds shaken and nervous and he doesn't answer properly. I let him go to the bedroom to get changed and then come back to the dining table to serve him food.