Chapter 26

A few days later...

Nalini P.O.V

Putting my white doctor's coat on and grabbing my purse I rush out to get an auto. Whew, I really need to get my car back from my parents house.

Time to go to work, I have an excited grin on my face. I've never been this excited to go to work! Rohan, you're definitely not prepared for what you're going to see.

I fiddle with my braid as I impatiently wait to get to the hospital and when I do, I pay the auto driver and rush into the entrance of the hospital.

While walking, around looking for the main office, I see many, many people walking around and lots of doctors and nurses. The constant hum of people and machines ring in my ears. Yes, it's definitely good to be back in this environment!

Finally after finding the office I knock and then enter, "Excuse me? Hello."

The main doctor in charge, sits on his desk looking at me in a demeaning way making me feel slightly intimidated.

"Are you Mrs Nalini Thomas? The one who has been transferred here recently?"

"Yes, that's me."

"Okay, well done, good punctuality. As you probably know you are working the morning duty but it may change depending if someone isn't here or there isn't enough staff."

"Yes, I understand."

He hands me a large, chunky folder filled with papers.

"You will be starting off with just paperwork for now until we get you your own appointment schedule. Also you have your own consultation office which is in Hallway, uh, C in the orthopaedic department, room 12."

I nod listening intently and carefully.

"Thank you. Also may I ask you a question, sir?"

"Yes, what is it?"

"Uh...where is the Cardiology department?..."

The facial expression of the doctor changes into one of confusion and amusement, "Did you take a degree in Cardiology now?"

I begin to feel slightly embarrassed but nonetheless I say, "N-no...it's just my husband works here. Well in that specific department."

The doctor lets out a hearty laugh and I shrug awkwardly with an embarrassed smile.

"Oh how sweet, yes it's in Section E of the hospital, there should be a map outside my office or you can ask a nurse walking by."

"Thanks..."

"May I ask what's the name of your husband?"

"Rohan Thomas."

"Ahh...yes. Quite the hard worker, it's nice to meet his wife then."

I smile as we both get up and shake hands and I wave bye as I walk towards where my own office is after asking a nurse where I'm actually going.