Chapter 27

Nalini's P.O.V

I'm suddenly getting dragged by Rohan to the living room by my arm and I start to panic. What's he doing!? He can't be that mad right!?

Oh god, so many possibilities fill my head.

I get pushed which makes me land on the couch painfully, making me hiss in more pain. He hisses back but his eyes tell a different story, they look at me in sympathy. Huh?

"Stay here."

I nod slightly fearful and confused. What on earth is he doing? I look at my red and slightly swollen index finger. Owww...could I at least fix this?

I wait for a minute before I see him coming back rushing and then asking me to move over and I do on the couch. Rohan sits next to me and places down a sterilising wipe and two plasters.

I gape at him in shock. Is he helping me after what- I'm so confused right now!?

"Are you helping me?"

He glares before replying, "No, I'm going to kill you with this plaster."

I glare back with a slight smirk at his use of sarcasm. Of course.

"Thank you Rohan."

"Shut up Nalini."

I roll my eyes as he takes my hand and examines the cut carefully and his eyes soften.

"You do know I can do this myself right?"

"I know."

"So?..."

He hisses looking at me, "So? So what?"

"If you know I can do this myself then why are you helping me?"

"Because-because I'm humane. I do have feelings of sympathy."

I frown slightly, oh, I mean at least he isn't heartless? Maybe that's real reason or he may just not want to admit any of his personal feelings.

Rohan cleans my finger with the sterilising wipe and then bandages my finger with the two plasters. I smile at him and obviously he just glares.

"You know this doesn't mean anything, right?"

My heart cracks slight however, I still reply with a small smile, "It means a lot to me."

"Of course it does. But not to me."

"Well, of course it doesn't," I reply mocking his tone sarcastically with a smirk. By the way, I speak fluent sarcasm. I AM sarcasm. I love being sarcastic.

Rohan lifts his eyebrow and then crosses his arms, "Are you mocking me?"

"No I'm being more sarcastic. Can't you tell the difference, Rohan?"

He rolls his eyes, glaring at me, "Of course, unlike you I don't come from the country of Britain. Like you."

"I suppose so."

"Such a pampered life, with loving parents and getting everything your majesty wanted. How lovely."

His tone starts to get dark and demeaning, and the fading fear within me starts to rise up again making my heart beat fast. I move slightly further away from him on the couch, clutching my hands, keeping my eye on every movement he makes.