july 18

Dear Kyle,

I don't know what to think anymore.

Are you really here or is all of this just my imagination? Am I so incredibly fucked that my brain tricks me to believe you're here?

You see today when I woke up I was in the actual hospital wing of the mental hospital thing I'm in.

Nurses were waiting for me to wake up, staring at me with wide eyes. My whole body felt like I had been run over. Never in my entire life had everything felt like it does now. The worst though was when I tried to move my neck.

There was a brace to keep it in place but it still felt as if it was throbbing.

"How are you feeling?" One of the nurses asked, adjusting something on my Iv.

"Shit." I mumbled listening as the door opened, my therapist walking in with a computer in his hands.

He sat down at the foot of my bed, opening the laptop and began to type.

"There's a lot of people who aren't so happy with you Dan." He scolded and turned the laptop so that I could see the screen.

"Why?"

"Just watch." He said, pressing play on the video.

At first it was a video of me sleeping. But then I sat up, staring at the wall. As the video went on I stood up and talked to the wall. You see you didn't show up in the video so I looked bat shit crazy.

We watched as I hugged the air, resting my head on air.

Kyle why didn't you show up?

The worst though was when you 'choked me.'

I had taken off my shirt and tied it around the ceiling fan, and you know what comes next.

"He was there." I mumbled feeling tears fall.

"Who was Dan?" He asked but I know he knew who I was talking about.

"I know he was there. I felt his heartbeat, smelled the cheap cologne he always wore. He was wearing the shirt I got him for his birthday."

"Dan, you know he isn't here. He can't be."

That's when I stopped listening.

It's just so hard.

Part of me hopes that you aren't here, and that this is all me. But the other half of me hopes secretly that you're still here somehow.

Please help me.

Love,
Danny

---
Here's the update I promised lol.

Thanks for reading(: