Chapter 31 : Who Are You

*Camila's POV*

 It's been a couple months since the label had that talk with Lauren and I, and since then the tour has started and she continues to lie to me about what they talked to her about. She says that it's about an attitude change, but I seriously don't believe that bullshit. It's something else, I can tell in the way she looks at me.. it's different now. It's like all the love and care in her look was there but it changed, it was as if fear was added.

Okay, all depressing thoughts aside, today is Normani's 18th birthday and we're going go-kart racing. and frankly, I'm scared for my life. It's enough that I'm 17 and still don't have my permit, but I'm trusted with a fast vehicle while the girls are on the same track... they obviously didn't get the memo about Dinah and I. We will crash, we will break things, I'm surprised I haven't broken a bone yet. 

I got out of my bunk and slipped into the slippers I stole from one of the many hotels we stayed at, being carefully of the floor and its squeaking and walked to Normani's bed. We shared a room along with Dinah and Lauren was with Ally, if you asked me how I felt about that a couple months ago I'd be installing a freaking security camera in that room but I trust Ally now. Lauren, well I bring back the label talk. I got up to Normani and jumped on top of her, screaming in her ear. She screamed and we both nearly fell off, I laughed as Dinah just snored through the whole thing.

"You scared the shit out of me!!"

"That was the point, sucker! Happy birthday though"

I smirked as she just shook her head at me, I opened my arms for a hug and she of course gave in because, she's obsessed with me duh. I smiled and looked over at Dinah, still snoring with her panda eye mask on her face. I rolled my eyes and figured it was time to check Twitter, Instagram and all that good stuff. I went onto my profile and saw that there was hundreds of harmonizers telling me to click on the link attached to their tweet, nearly having a panic attack if I didn't. I clicked it and it was an article about Austin and I, at first I was confused because I only met him once and it was at last year's MTV Music Awards. I would've responded but the label said to never respond to those things online, or I'd just be asking for hate and fandom wars. 

I doubled clicked the home button on my iPhone and swiped the screen to make the app disappear, I wnet back onto the home page and went to messages. Lauren and I do this thing where every morning and night, we'll send each other long messages just saying that we love each other and that we'll see the other's beautiful face later or tomorrow. I scrolled through my conversations and clicked on Lauren's name which I now had the courage to name her as "babe" in it. 

"Good morning baby, I know you might not be awake right now or you're taking your hot morning shower but I just wanted to say that I love you and can't wait to be crazy and wild with you and the girls at Normani's birthday party today. Watch your butt on the track ;) But yeah, I'll see your beautiful face and gorgeous eyes soon"

I pressed send and stared at the screen because I literally had nothing else to do, 30 seconds or so passed by when the "delivered" under my message turned into "read at 8:31." I thought she was going to respond right after, but she didn't. I waited for that typing bubble to pop up, but it didn't. I guess I was a little confused and sad but maybe she just woke up and can't use the dictionary that is her mind right now. I locked my phone and proceeded to get dressed.

-
*Normani's POV; 7 hours later*

Finally, I'm 18!!! The day that every teenager lives for, but I still think i'm too weird to be 18. Everyone that was going to my go kart party was in two separate vans. The girls and I in one and family and friends squished in the other. I smiled the whole way there because Ally kept making fun of me just like when I made fun of her when she turned 21. I nearly went Beyonce on her ass but didn't, today's a happy day... well kind of. I turned around to look at Camila sitting right next to Lauren, neither of the two looking at or talking to each other. This morning when I was pushing myself out of bed, I usually hear Camila giggle at Lauren's response to her morning text but I didn't this morning. Their relationship is so predicable, I know when somethings wrong at the same time Camila does.