Chapter 10|| "Anti depressants"

Trigger warning for this chapter! Includes scenes of self harm or talk of self harm

(also, if you didn't know, "Y/F/N" in this chapter will mean "your full name") :)

10th update: April 7th

-YOU-

Your eyes flutter open as you look over to see a sleeping Simon.

Smiling, you stand up, trying not to wake him. Unfortunetly, you failed.

"Y/N?" Simon mumbles as he wakes up.

"Heyy sleepy," you laugh. "we gotta get ready for school. I was trying not to wake you, but I failed because I'm a failure at everything I try to accomplish in life lmao."

Simon knits his eyebrows together, and stands up, almost losing his balance.

"Pfffttt. Who needs school. Let's skip today." he wraps an arm around you and buries his face into the crook of your neck.

"Do you like NOT want to graduate or something?" you chuckle. "cmon. We gotta go."

"But Y/NNNNNNNNN," Simon slurs your name as he hugs you tight. "why are you trying to ruin all the funnnn?"

You stare down at Simon and roll your eyes.

"Fine," you mumble. "I'll skip with you. But if my mom finds out I skipped again, i'll be toast. But on the other hand, it's not like i'm getting my keys back anytime soon anyway."

"Yaaayyyy!" Simon jumps back with his arms up real high. "today's gonna be FUNNN."

You laugh, rolling your eyes.

"Whatever you say, Minter."

-DAN-

"Mum take some more cough medicine, please." I plead desperatley to my mother.

"Daniel, dear. I'm fine." she pushes back the cough syrup bottle I'm holding.

"Mum, you have to take this to get better. Your coughs are horrible." I try again, desperate.

"I said i'm fine, Dan." my mother says harshly, followed by a hoarse cough.

Nodding my head in silence, I take the bottle of cough syrup and put it back in the cabinet.

I lean on the counter for a few minutes, drumming my fingers on the smooth granite counter top.

My eyes wander over to the stand that holds our fruit. I notice an orange cylinder shaped tube with a big white cap sat near the fruit with a white label plastered across it that says, 'Daniel Howell'.

I quickly grab it, now reconizing that it's a bottle of pills. I flip the bottle and read the description.

"Anti depressants"

I look up at my mother. She' staring down at her hands, silent.

"What the fuck is this?" I ask sternly.

My mother looks up at me.

"Dan, we need to talk about something-"

"No. No we do not need to talk about anything," I raise my voice. "why are these sitting out? Why are they here!?"

"Dan," my mum says calmly. "please sit down so we can talk."

I stare at her for a few seconds before walking over to the chair next to her and plopping down in it. I slam the pill bottle down on the table, and it's silent between the two of us.